Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

Pulover

Re: Macro Creator v4.1.1 - Automation Tool (Recorder & Write

05 May 2014, 08:51

ztop wrote:my objective: automate ctrl F5 keys to one specific window or program: do not want other windows affected.

while ctrl F5 is being hit an infinite amount of times
i want the ability to work in others windows.

I can assign the ctrl F5 keystrokes to a window but it normally interferes with my ability to work in others windows while that operation is going on.

Any suggestions?
Press Ctrl+H on the main window to set context sensitive hotkeys.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
XilE

12 May 2014, 11:14

Is it possible to set the auto refresh to always on by default? It resets every time the program is closed. You know I've learned more about ahk from you than anyone and I've never even talked to you :lol: so thanks :D
Pulover

12 May 2014, 11:30

XilE wrote:Is it possible to set the auto refresh to always on by default? It resets every time the program is closed.
Currently not, but I'll take it as a suggestion for the next version! ;)
XilE wrote:You know I've learned more about ahk from you than anyone and I've never even talked to you :lol: so thanks :D
I'm really pleased to hear that! I hope to keep helping. :D
Rodolfo U. Batista
thomasbihn

13 May 2014, 10:02

I'm trying to create a "Nudge" macro for a WYSIWYG interface that lacks such a feature. In otherwords, you can set the left and top of controls on a page, but you can't use arrow keys to increment or decrement the top or left of them. Instead, you have to click the control, change the value, click out, then see if it was enough. If not, repeat the process.

I think the Input command is the one I want to use, but I don't seem to be able to properly detect the arrow keys. I tried assigning the variable for Input to "KeyPressed" and then doing a Compare KeyPressed = {Down}, but it doesn't seem to register this condition. If I use a key such as "a", "s", "w", or "z", it picks it up, but I'd really like to use arrow keys.

Can anyone give me a pointer on how to wait for a keypress then report a simple msgbox "Up pressed" or "down pressed" to get me unstuck?

Edit:
I found an alternate way: GetKeyState. I named the variables DownState,UpState,LeftState, RightState, and EscState with respective KeyNames of Down,Up,Left,Right, and Esc. I then checked for each variable to equal "D" and take action accordingly, all within a loop.
Any more elegant ways to do this same feature would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
Pulover

13 May 2014, 11:25

Well, GetKeyState would be my suggestion too so I think it's a good solution. ;)
Rodolfo U. Batista
Dupp

20 May 2014, 07:41

Hello, i need some help. I have macro tabs like macro 1, macro 2......macro 10. I have put a goto macro 1 in macro 10. Macro 1 will simply type a text like name1 and goto macro 2. How do i program it that after it finish with macro 10 and go to macro 1 everytime it adds the number up, like name2, name3, name4 etc.

Also ive another problem with uninstalling the program. It doesnt show up at installed program list and the uninstall option at startmenu doesnt work it just open my computer. Im running windows 7 64 bit.

Your software is great, thanks. :D
Pulover

20 May 2014, 09:40

Dupp wrote:Hello, i need some help. I have macro tabs like macro 1, macro 2......macro 10. I have put a goto macro 1 in macro 10. Macro 1 will simply type a text like name1 and goto macro 2. How do i program it that after it finish with macro 10 and go to macro 1 everytime it adds the number up, like name2, name3, name4 etc.
Hi. You must increment a variable and use it in the string like name%var%. You can do it from the Variable Assignment window using the += operator.
Dupp wrote:Also ive another problem with uninstalling the program. It doesnt show up at installed program list and the uninstall option at startmenu doesnt work it just open my computer. Im running windows 7 64 bit.
Why are you even worried about this? The program is portable and doesn't write anything to the registry. You can find the files in the installation folder and the settings in %AppData%\MacroCreator.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Dupp

22 May 2014, 06:17

Thanks a lot, its working. You are awesome! I'm not really worried, just want to completely remove it if i uninstall it. :D
I've got another problem. I try to type (@) in the input field, normally it should be shift+2, but this input field require (`) to get @.
I tried to turn on capture key presses in the macro and it gave me this Send, {`}. When i run the macro it just type ` instead of @ but if i press it on my keyboard it gives me @. How do i fix this?
Pulover

22 May 2014, 06:22

Dupp wrote:Thanks a lot, its working. You are awesome! I'm not really worried, just want to completely remove it if i uninstall it. :D
I've got another problem. I try to type (@) in the input field, normally it should be shift+2, but this input field require (`) to get @.
I tried to turn on capture key presses in the macro and it gave me this Send, {`}. When i run the macro it just type ` instead of @ but if i press it on my keyboard it gives me @. How do i fix this?
What input field are you talking about? The one at the bottom of the program does not require backtick... And shift+2 will send @ here. There's also a button beside it to add keystrokes where you can find the @ and place it directly, or you can use the text command window.
Rodolfo U. Batista
thomasbihn

25 May 2014, 09:18

IF statement - Evaluate expression from GetKeyState variable?

I have a loop where I have a few GetKeyState commands:

GetKeyState CtrlState, Control
GetKeyState dkeyState, d
GetKeyState ShiftKeyState, Shift

The following returns a message with the expected values (D for each):

Code: Select all

(What you see in MacroCreator window:)
Compare Variables CtrlState = D
  Compare Variables ShiftKeyState = D
    Compare Variables dkeySate = D
       [MsgBox] CtrlSate : %CtrlState% ShiftKeyState, %ShiftKeyState% dkeySate: %dkeyState%
    [End If]
  [End If]
[End If]
But when I attempt to use a Compare Expression, I can't get even one of these to evaluate orrectly. What am I doing wrong with the following supposedly equivalent expressions (for just the Ctrl query) using "Evaluate Expression"?
(example of what it looks like in MacroCreator:)

Evaluate Expression CtrlSate = "D"
  [MsgBox] CtrlState: %CtrlState%
[End If]
The following statements entered into the "IF evaluate expression entry area do not present a messagebox when either Ctrl key is pressed:
CtrlState = "D"
CtrlState == D

The following statements evaluate to true, even when the CtrlState variable value is "U" as indicated by the messagebox:
CtrlState = D
%CtrlState% = D
CtrlState = 'D'

If I hold down the Ctrl key when I click on OK and it loops back, it displays a D, but it shouldn't display the msgbox in any case where Ctrl isn't pressed.

1. How do I properly evaluate expressions using the IF statement? It would appear %CtrlState% = D would work, but it evaluated to true even though the messagebox displayed the variable value as "U". The messagebox should only display when the value is "D" When should I use quotes in my expression? Should I use one or two equal signs?
2. Once I get that, do I use the keyword "AND" and "OR" between expressions where I want to evaluate multiple expressions? Do I use && and ||? Does NOT work?

Thanks in advance. While i can get by doing three nested IF statements, I'd much rather do one where i evaluate the exact sequence.

Tom
click-click

04 Jun 2014, 08:27

I may be having a senior moment, but how does one select the coordinates from a context menu that requires a right mouse-click to show the menu?

Not a problem if the menu can be shown with left-click, but some menus require a right-click which is the macrocreator trigger to save the coordinates. I need to grab the coordinates on the menu after it pops up.
Pulover

05 Jun 2014, 11:23

thomasbihn wrote:IF statement - Evaluate expression from GetKeyState variable?
1. How do I properly evaluate expressions using the IF statement? It would appear %CtrlState% = D would work, but it evaluated to true even though the messagebox displayed the variable value as "U". The messagebox should only display when the value is "D" When should I use quotes in my expression? Should I use one or two equal signs?
2. Once I get that, do I use the keyword "AND" and "OR" between expressions where I want to evaluate multiple expressions? Do I use && and ||? Does NOT work?

Thanks in advance. While i can get by doing three nested IF statements, I'd much rather do one where i evaluate the exact sequence.

Tom
Hi Tom,

I'm sorry for the late reply, but I've been very busy at work in the last weeks and couldn't find time to properly test your case. Evaluate expression is based on a Eval.ahk made Laszlo, so I didn't test all possibilities. At first glance it seems that there's a bug somewhere, so I'll really have to put this in the list and test it when I get back to the project. Thanks for reporting.

As for AND & OR, they are not currently supported. It would take a very complex algorithm o get it to work inside PMC, so it will probably stay out of the scope.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

05 Jun 2014, 11:28

click-click wrote:I may be having a senior moment, but how does one select the coordinates from a context menu that requires a right mouse-click to show the menu?

Not a problem if the menu can be shown with left-click, but some menus require a right-click which is the macrocreator trigger to save the coordinates. I need to grab the coordinates on the menu after it pops up.
Hi again click-click,

Well, I did add a way to use middle and lbutton for screenshots, but not for coordinates... Can you use the AppsKey to bring the menu up in this case? :roll:
Rodolfo U. Batista
thomasbihn

05 Jun 2014, 14:40

Pulover wrote:
thomasbihn wrote:IF statement - Evaluate expression from GetKeyState variable?

Tom
Hi Tom,

I'm sorry for the late reply, but I've been very busy at work in the last weeks and couldn't find time to properly test your case. Evaluate expression is based on a Eval.ahk made Laszlo, so I didn't test all possibilities. At first glance it seems that there's a bug somewhere, so I'll really have to put this in the list and test it when I get back to the project. Thanks for reporting.

As for AND & OR, they are not currently supported. It would take a very complex algorithm o get it to work inside PMC, so it will probably stay out of the scope.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.
.. Would a statement such as %CtrlState% == D && %ShiftState% == D be expected to work once the bug is identified? If not what syntax would I use?

Thanks for all the time you put into this.
Tom
Pulover

05 Jun 2014, 14:50

thomasbihn wrote: .. Would a statement such as %CtrlState% == D && %ShiftState% == D be expected to work once the bug is identified? If not what syntax would I use?

Tom
I'm not sure if this is supported by Eval()... Actually it just stroke me what might be the reason why it's failing! Eval() is meant mostly for math expressions, so it might not even evaluate text comparison. Once I get time I will see if I can tweak it a bit to support more types. For now you'll need to use Compare Variables and nested If Statements.
Rodolfo U. Batista
thomasbihn

05 Jun 2014, 17:20

Pulover wrote:
thomasbihn wrote: .. Would a statement such as %CtrlState% == D && %ShiftState% == D be expected to work once the bug is identified? If not what syntax would I use?

Tom
I'm not sure if this is supported by Eval()... Actually it just stroke me what might be the reason why it's failing! Eval() is meant mostly for math expressions, so it might not even evaluate text comparison. Once I get time I will see if I can tweak it a bit to support more types. For now you'll need to use Compare Variables and nested If Statements.
Thanks for clearing that up. Here's the logic I'll use for now

A && B
IF A then
  IF B then
     'A && B
  END IF
END IF

A || B
AorB = False
IF A then
   AorB = True
End If
IF B then
   AorB = True
End If    
If AorB = True Then
   'A || B
End If   
click-click

06 Jun 2014, 09:46

Pulover wrote: Hi again click-click,

Well, I did add a way to use middle and lbutton for screenshots, but not for coordinates... Can you use the AppsKey to bring the menu up in this case? :roll:
What's the AppsKey?

An example of what I'm talking about is: Right click on Taskbar, Move and Click entry "Lock the Taskbar".
I'm not sure what you mean by AppsKey.

07 Jun 2014, 00:35

Hey, I need some help
It's can work when I use the click command in some games(in other programs can do).
But I use other Marco software is work always. Please help me to solve this problem
Thank you
Pulover

09 Jun 2014, 12:08

click-click wrote:
Pulover wrote: Hi again click-click,

What's the AppsKey?

An example of what I'm talking about is: Right click on Taskbar, Move and Click entry "Lock the Taskbar".
I'm not sure what you mean by AppsKey.
I mean the Application Key...
Spoiler
It shows the context menu, just like right-click, in most applications.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

09 Jun 2014, 12:10

11111111111111111111 wrote:Hey, I need some help
It's can work when I use the click command in some games(in other programs can do).
But I use other Marco software is work always. Please help me to solve this problem
Thank you
It may not work on some specific games. You should ask for help with the game you're playing on the support forum.
Rodolfo U. Batista

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”