Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

Pulover

Re: Pulover's Macro Creator v5.0.0 - The Complete Automation Tool

18 Apr 2016, 10:39

chukozy wrote:Question!

Where are backup file(s) located?

Where would they be stored in directory?
It's located at %AppData%\MacroCreator\~ActiveProject.pmc or at the application's own folder in case it's running as portable (when MacroCreator.ini is in the same folder as MacroCreator.exe).
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)
Pulover

18 Apr 2016, 10:45

vallorian wrote:Pulover, New version looks great, and new function are fantastic, thanks.

But i found problem in ImageSearch (or maybe it is the way you wanted it to be :D )
In version 4... when i used press Mouse Button in ImageSearch, it pressed exactly in the left top corner. but now in this v5, it doesnt. It moves few extra pixels up and left. Is it possible to fix this?
Hello vallorian, thank you very much for the feedback!

Actually the bug was in v4. The actions from the DDL were not respecting Mouse CoordMode. In order for it to click or move at the correct coords you must set Mouse and Pixel CoordMode to the same settings. Mouse is set in Settings > Defaults and Pixel, which applies to ImageSearch too, is set for each command in the ImageSearch window, and you can also set them using the CoordMode command from the Run window.

I forgot to mention this fix in the change log... I even forgot about this while recording the tutorials! lol
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

18 Apr 2016, 10:48

SnowFlake wrote:great work Pulover proud of you keep it up
Thank you very much, SnowFlake! People like you keep me motivated to work on it. :thumbup:
Rodolfo U. Batista
miscjunk

19 Apr 2016, 19:08

Pulover,

Great piece of work here .. I just discovered this!

I am having problems with loading a macro file. I am able to record the macro file. When I close the program and attempt to open the .pmc file I saved, the program pegs the CPU at 100% of one core for several minutes without any visual progress. The .pmc file I am trying to open is 111kb . Sometimes when it does eventually open, it is extremely slow to populate the screen with the macro commands. I have not even got to running the macro yet due to this issue. I am able to open the sample .pmc files just fine (as they are quite small ..).

The macro file consists of main mouse movements, pausing, and clicking.

Is this a known issue?

Regards.
Pulover

19 Apr 2016, 19:50

miscjunk wrote:Pulover,

I am having problems with loading a macro file. I am able to record the macro file. When I close the program and attempt to open the .pmc file I saved, the program pegs the CPU at 100% of one core for several minutes without any visual progress. The .pmc file I am trying to open is 111kb . Sometimes when it does eventually open, it is extremely slow to populate the screen with the macro commands. I have not even got to running the macro yet due to this issue. I am able to open the sample .pmc files just fine (as they are quite small ..).

Is this a known issue?

Regards.
Yes. :arrow: https://github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacr ... /issues/13

Thank you for the feedback!
Rodolfo U. Batista
miscjunk

19 Apr 2016, 20:08

Pulover wrote:

Is this a known issue?

Regards.

Haha, cool. Alright then, I shall patiently wait for a fix :) . Thanks again for your great tool!
renatooliveira

20 Apr 2016, 11:58

hi guys,
First, i want to thank you for the good job... this help me alot on work
Secund, i need to wait to complete process on Internet explorer, i dont have ID or class, who can i made this work??

Last: some times play macro and stop dont work, like... some times dont stop XD and in some macros dont roll and tell me its duplicate and can not run the macro
PS: when its done my macro... and i receive grade on Course, i will donate you!!! you deserve... ty ty ty 1 more time.
Keep going wtih the good work, ty ty lovee!!!!
Pulover

20 Apr 2016, 12:27

Hi Renato,
renatooliveira wrote:First, i want to thank you for the good job... this help me alot on work
Thanks for the feedback.
renatooliveira wrote:Secund, i need to wait to complete process on Internet explorer, i dont have ID or class, who can i made this work??
What kind of process? If it moves to a new page after it's done maybe you can use WinWait to wait for the new page title.
renatooliveira wrote:Last: some times play macro and stop dont work, like... some times dont stop XD and in some macros dont roll and tell me its duplicate and can not run the macro
What do you mean? If you're trying to say it crashes, I'm aware and up to this date I could not point to the cause of the random crashes. If it says there's a duplicate hotkey, well, it's because there's a duplicate hotkey...

If it's something else you can contact me via PM and write in Portuguese.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Eternal0

21 Apr 2016, 04:04

First off, thank you pulover for your program it's been super helpful to me.

However, I wanted to ask, is there any way to download the old 4.1.3 version? I can't find any mirrors with it and it's not on your site anymore. I don't have the old installer any more.

I ran the program today and saw there was an update, downloaded the new one, and have had many problems. It crashes for me, right clicking sometimes just doesn't work or requires me to minimize the program then bring it back up. I've just had a lot of problems. I don't use it to record macros but rather to create specific ones for toolassistance in games like for frame counting in fighting games or things of that nature. I had a great experience with the older version but I'm finding some of the new changes a bit hard to get used to and the many issues I'm having are making me want to go back to the previous version until you update again.
Pulover

21 Apr 2016, 08:52

You can download previous versions from GitHub releases. But it would be helpful if you'd explain the issues you are having so I could try to fix them.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Eternal0

21 Apr 2016, 18:59

Well one error is when I click play it tells me that the label for a particular wait function does not exist then the program disappears. I click "ok" on the error, if I have multiple errors the first error shows up then clicking ok makes the message go away but none of the other error messages show up unless I use task manager which shows an error program running. I am forced to try and end the error program manually for it to bring up the next message. It happens intermittently sometimes it works fine and brings up every error, sometimes it doesn't and I have to use the task manager thing. This is under the same circumstances as well, I might create a new macro and it does it or I could load up a backup from last closing and click play then the macro program will either tell me all errors or not. Sometimes after I run through all of the error messages the macro creator will disappear from alt tab or task manager and I'm forced to close it via processes. It doesn't seem consistent for me.

If I add a keystroke or timer to the timeline then change the order via moving it up or down on the timeline via mouse drag and drop the ability to bring up the right click menu no longer works for me. It just does nothing. No error or anything it just doesn't do anything. I can left click on the screen to make sure it is currently the active program. I can minimize the program and bring it back up and SOMETIMES that works but usually not. I'll right click and simply nothing happens.

These are the errors I've encountered. Here is my computer stats

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7 4790k
16gb ddr4 1866 ram
7200rpm western digital 1tb hdd

Hope that helps. That is about the best info I can provide. Maybe it's because I didn't uninstall previous version of program being installing new version?

Thanks for the info on github stuff btw, I'm not terribly familiar with github but some quick googling informed me on what to do. I didn't know old releases were saved or anything like that, I'm a layman. :)
Pulover

21 Apr 2016, 19:18

Thanks for the detailed explanations. I was able to reproduce the context menu bug and have already opened an issue. This will be fixed for the update.

Now, about the first issue, what do you mean by "label for a particular wait function"? Do you mean a Goto/Gosub command? Or a timer? If you could clarify that or provide a small example I would be thankful.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover

Known issues

22 Apr 2016, 13:00

I have successfully identified and fixed all reported issues (and a few ones I have found myself) with the current version.

If anyone suspects there's any other problem that is not listed here, even if you're not sure it's a bug, please let me know. Otherwise I'm going to release v5.0.1 tomorrow.

A few problems still persist, like gui randomly not responding, which can be fixed by minimizing and restoring the window, and eventual crashes at random routines. Unfortunately those are very hard to identify as there's no way to reproduce them on purpose.

Thanks everyone who've helped with the bugs.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Eternal0

23 Apr 2016, 04:23

Pulover wrote:Thanks for the detailed explanations. I was able to reproduce the context menu bug and have already opened an issue. This will be fixed for the update.

Now, about the first issue, what do you mean by "label for a particular wait function"? Do you mean a Goto/Gosub command? Or a timer? If you could clarify that or provide a small example I would be thankful.
When I would click on the pause timer create it would ask me to create a label for the timer. That is what I meant. The one that looked like a little green clock on the top bars, I can't remember for sure if it was still named a pause timer like on 4.1.3

You'd click on it, brings up a menu to select the amount of milliseconds to run this command, has a drop down menu for the label. One of the selections was I think "Macro 1" if you had just created the thing. If I entered anything in that section, IIRC even using the suggested "Macro 1" it would give me an error when I tried to play.

Sorry, it's a little harder to give you a more detailed explanation as I've already switched back to old version so I can't go in and test it to reproduce the issue for you and type it out exactly.
Pulover

23 Apr 2016, 07:18

Eternal0 wrote:When I would click on the pause timer create it would ask me to create a label for the timer. That is what I meant. The one that looked like a little green clock on the top bars, I can't remember for sure if it was still named a pause timer like on 4.1.3
You are talking about the Set Timer command. But that dropdown list must contain an existing label or macro tab (or a variable that points to one). You don't create a label there, you must use the Label command to create a label, it's in the same window as Goto/Gosub.
Eternal0 wrote:You'd click on it, brings up a menu to select the amount of milliseconds to run this command, has a drop down menu for the label. One of the selections was I think "Macro 1" if you had just created the thing. If I entered anything in that section, IIRC even using the suggested "Macro 1" it would give me an error when I tried to play.
Setting a timer to a macro where the same SetTimer command is on is a bad idea... You should read about SetTimer in the ahk help.

But I have fixed the problem that prevented the error message to have a taskbar button and thanks to another report via email, I have fixed a problem where sometimes an existing label would not be found as well.
I have also found that goto, gosub and settimer were not accepting forced expressions, so I'm going to fix that too.

Thanks for your help. The new version should be released later today.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Yoshimu

23 Apr 2016, 15:15

Pulover wrote:

Is this a known issue?

Regards.

Hey, i also noticed this problem, but i found solution for now :) Do this:
Load macro
Click RMB on TrayIcon and click Options and do it multiple times. Each times macro will load itself part by part :D
Pulover

Version Update: 5.0.1

23 Apr 2016, 17:31

4 years anniversary release! :happybday:

Version 5.0.1
  • Improved performance of Macro List operations.
  • Increased max Speed settings for playback and export to 256x.
  • Added Incremental option to delay in the Multi-Edit window.
  • Fixed application not responsive when loading large project files.
  • Fixed If string [not] contains statement not working with A_Loop variables.
  • Fixed context menus not showing in main window after drag-and-drop operation.
  • Fixed Recording Options menu not updating.
  • Fixed problems saving projects with large macros.
  • Fixed Save as not working.
  • Fixed Target Label not found error.
  • Fixed Goto, Gosub and Set Timer commands not accepting force expression syntax.
  • Fixed Speed settings not corrected exported when using Indentation.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Yoshimu

Re: Pulover's Macro Creator v5.0.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

24 Apr 2016, 14:12

pulover, i have question for you.

I'm tryding to do "random variable" like in example, but in result i need variable which i can use inside "text", like this:

Code: Select all

1|[Text]|Random city is %RandCity%.... text.....|1|2222|Send|||||
becuase now i can only do this:

Code: Select all

1|[Text]|Random city is : |1|2222|SendRaw|||||
2|[Text]|% RandCity()|1|2222|Send|||||
3|[Text]|next text: |1|2222|SendRaw|||||
And i cant use AssignVariable in the beginning because i want use it multiple times and get other values.
So is it possible to use function inside [Text] ?
hoppfrosch

Re: Version Update: 5.0.1

24 Apr 2016, 23:57

Pulover wrote:4 years anniversary release! :happybday:
:dance:

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”