Is Pause - Random Delay Option broken?

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

2ndprotocol

Is Pause - Random Delay Option broken?

10 Aug 2021, 06:22

Hi. I am just poking around in the tool to see what it can do and cant seem to get the "random delay" option to work in the Pause command. If I tick the random option and enter a min and max value the code created is just a sleep command with the min value I entered. Nothing is added to generate a random sleep.
sachalamp

Re: Is Pause - Random Delay Option broken?

09 Apr 2024, 04:24

I have to up this. It still looks to be the same in code now, in 2024
rockitdontstopit

09 Apr 2024, 15:25

2ndprotocol wrote:
Hi. I am just poking around in the tool to see what it can do and cant seem to get the "random delay" option to work in the Pause command. If I tick the random option and enter a min and max value the code created is just a sleep command with the min value I entered. Nothing is added to generate a random sleep.
I'm using the following code and it's seems to be working for me. Differing pause intervals between "hi" messages.
delay.png
delay.png (59.79 KiB) Viewed 313 times
sachalamp

11 Apr 2024, 05:30

rockitdontstopit wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 15:25
2ndprotocol wrote:
I'm using the following code and it's seems to be working for me. Differing pause intervals between "hi" messages.

delay.png
If you export to ahk and run it standalone, it no longer randomizes. I am new to ahk and pulover so i may be wrong
gregster

11 Apr 2024, 11:38

Crazy idea from a non-Pulover (but AutoHotkey) user: If you export it to AHK v1 code anyway, the Random command (or a related user-defined function) should be easy to test and debug with a few AHK basics. I even heard that there is an official AHK support forum somewhere nearby.
You could start with a minimal (exported) script to check...
rockitdontstopit

11 Apr 2024, 12:15

If you export to ahk and run it standalone, it no longer randomizes. I am new to ahk and pulover so i may be wrong
You probably should have mentioned that in your first post. Anywho, it's a rain day so no bicycle ride. I have a little time.

Yes PMC is not exporting the code correctly.

Incorrect exported code:

Code: Select all

Loop
{
    Sleep, 10
    MsgBox, 0, , hi
}

F8::ExitApp
Correct code:

Code: Select all

Loop
{
    Random, rand, 10, 5000
    Sleep, %rand%
    MsgBox, 0, , hi
}
F8::ExitApp
sachalamp

11 Apr 2024, 14:48

gregster wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 11:38
Crazy idea from a non-Pulover (but AutoHotkey) user: If you export it to AHK v1 code anyway, the Random command (or a related user-defined function) should be easy to test and debug with a few AHK basics. I even heard that there is an official AHK support forum somewhere nearby.
You could start with a minimal (exported) script to check...
I did that, that's why i said i believe it does not work properly upon export. But then again, i just started ahk/pulover 3 days ago and i may have done something wrong on export and overall i don't quite know what i am doing.
gregster

11 Apr 2024, 19:13

sachalamp wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 14:48
I did that, that's why i said i believe it does not work properly upon export. But then again, i just started ahk/pulover 3 days ago and i may have done something wrong on export and overall i don't quite know what i am doing.
Sure, your fellow Pulover user rockitdontstopit seems to confirm this problem with the exported script (posting actual code like above, if available, is usually helpful). So just edit the AHK file according to v1 syntax rules and then save and run it.
I have no idea if PMC will get any updates in the future but this topic might help to improve it. If not, AHK v2 is recommended since AHK v1 is deprecated now.

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”