Adventure - General-Purpose IDE, Lightweight Text Editor

Open source general-purpose IDE, lightweight text editor. Previously known as AutoGUI.
kczx3

Re: Adventure - General-Purpose IDE, Lightweight Text Editor

14 Aug 2021, 19:51

Thank you for correcting/critiquing my comments. Maybe you have further information to better address the issues that Alguimist is facing
hasantr

16 Aug 2021, 15:18

This is a great work. I follow with excitement. But for me, some things are missing.
There should be a list of included files, classes, and functions. All functions in the file, classes should be able to see from one place.
Tooltips must exit automatically when selecting a row and be able to recognize the comma order. I hope you have time for these. (Sorry for the rudeness of Google Translate.)
tuzi

19 Aug 2021, 20:35

The new debug window looks beautiful.
By the way, all your programs have beautiful interface always .
I've learned a lot from them.
Drugwash

20 Aug 2021, 07:34

Alguimist wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 12:37
The following script is a modified version of the initial sketch of the window I'm working on. [...]
Thank you, and sorry for the delay- not getting e-mail notifications allows to easily forget things.

In its original form the script will not acknowledge the Vertical style so all buttons will continue on the same single horizontal line, getting hidden under the Tab control.
Screenshot from 2021-08-20 15-25-03.png
Screenshot from 2021-08-20 15-25-03.png (26.18 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
Adding Wrapable to toolbar style does make it obey (somehow) to the allowed space, but the separator lines are not being drawn in their own slots - they stay on the same line with the previous button, altering the vertical coordinates so that the next button will be drawn higher overlapping the previous button.
Screenshot from 2021-08-20 15-22-31.png
Screenshot from 2021-08-20 15-22-31.png (36.33 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
Adding Autosize to each toolbar button will only shorten their respective hoverable area, making the separator lines partly visible, but no improvement is made to the overlapping issue.
Screenshot from 2021-08-20 15-18-04.png
Screenshot from 2021-08-20 15-18-04.png (38.83 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
At this point I'm not sure there are any other possible style combinations that would yield the correct result.
Next best solution would be adding only Wrappable to main toolbar without any button Autosize - at least the script would be usable.
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
Alguimist

01 Sep 2021, 17:14

New features in Adventure IDE 3.0.3:
 • Improvements in autocomplete: typed words are added to the list.
 • Support for "user dictionary": a pre-defined list of keywords globally available in the autocomplete list.
 • Basic syntax highlighting for Harbour.
 • Tools: "Scripts Manager" was renamed to "AutoTaskMan".
 • Recently closed files are added to the shell recent menu (SHAddToRecentDocs).

Additional details:
 • By default, at least 2 characters must be typed to trigger the autocomplete list.
 • To disable the collection of typed words, turn off Options > Autocomplete Typed Words.
 • A file named "Dictionary.ud", if it exists, is automatically loaded on program startup.
 • Autocomplete files now have the file extension "ac". User dictionary files have the extension "ud".
 • Additional user dictionary files can be loaded by going to Options > Load User Dictionary...

Janusz

21 Sep 2021, 14:26

I would like to congratulate the author of this wonderful IDE for this programmer's work. I can create GUI very effectively thanks to his updated GUI designer. I already have several verbal quizzes created thanks to his programmers' work. I have finally found out how to add controls effectively. I Am using an NVDA screen reader build-in object navigation to get to The control palette. Then I can choose The corresponding control and when I press TAB and when I press Enter on it, it is automatically added to The GUI designer. So I can preview it. You have very probably constructed first The most accessible GUI creation tool and IDE for Windows. And thanks to The nature of Autohotkey, which is always using The latest versions of VIsual studio and C++ header files and compiler, many visually impaired programmers can create 100 % accessible GUI. With a low memory footprint. So I Am very glad, that I can be A part of The wonderful Autohotkey community. So really, very well done.
Janusz

25 Sep 2021, 14:15

I would like to kindly plea The author of GUI designer, which ids The part of Adventure IDE. If it would be possible to add hot key to jump to The control paletes list? Or is it not easy to achieve, because there would be some problems with Scintila.dll in this case? Now I have some ideas how to make GUI designer more hot keys friendly. The most crucial dialogs or features inside TABS could be accessed as A separate little dialogs after pressing individual hot keys. I will have to deeply flow inside GUI designer long code and I will try to introduce my ideas in praxe. In this case, it would be ideal GUI designer for Autohotkey hot keys lovers. Now, for example it is possible to change window title or text. In future, it would be even possible to change every of The included properties in The properties dialog by using separate hot keys. But I will have to deeply think first to determine, if my idea would not make more bad aspects than good ones. I can not forget that OK buttons in dialog windows can be accessed by using ALT+o for example. But really, I Am now very satisfied.
kczx3

06 Oct 2021, 08:46

Pressing Alt + F5 to start debugging with the alternate AHK executable doesn't open the AHK Debugger window. Is there a way to have that window automatically open?

I also can't seem to get the user typed words to autocomplete.
Alguimist

20 Nov 2021, 16:55

@Janusz: Thanks for your comments!
Janusz wrote:
25 Sep 2021, 14:15
If it would be possible to add hot key to jump to the control paletes list?
You can press F6 to switch focus between the control palette and the preview window.

@kczx3: Thanks for reporting. The bugs related to Alt + F5 and Alt + F9 (reported on another topic) will soon be fixed.
kczx3 wrote: I also can't seem to get the user typed words to autocomplete.
Prior to the introduction of this feature, autocomplete was restricted to the list of keywords defined for specific programming languages. And it was disabled by default. The sub-option "Autocomplete Typed Words" will not work if "Enable Autocomplete" is unchecked.
PENchanter

30 Nov 2021, 15:34

> "View" > "Choose Theme

produces the following error:
Failed to load XML file.
Filename: \AutoHotkey
(AutoGUl) by Alguimist\Adventure IDE
Error: OxCOOCES6F
Reason: Switch from current encoding to s#cified encoding not
supported.
ComodoHacker

Default Tools menu

01 Dec 2021, 05:49

I've downloaded v3.0.3 to test GUI designer. The Tools menu is empty. Is it intentional, or just overlook? The designer is there but isn't it supposed to be in the Tools menu, along with other tools advertised?
boiler

Re: Default Tools menu

01 Dec 2021, 07:44

ComodoHacker wrote:
The Tools menu is empty. Is it intentional, or just overlook? The designer is there but isn't it supposed to be in the Tools menu, along with other tools advertised?
It is intentional as Adventure is intended to be a multi-language editor, not AHK-specific:
Alguimist wrote:
11 May 2021, 20:06
Most of the tools included with Adventure are relevant to AutoHotkey only. And that's why the Tools menu is initially empty. For a preset of tools, rename the file AHK-Tools.xml to Tools.xml.
ComodoHacker

01 Dec 2021, 07:58

@boiler
Thanks, AHK-Tools.xml is what I've actually overlooked!
PENchanter

01 Dec 2021, 17:29

***content removed***
Last edited by PENchanter on 02 Dec 2021, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
PENchanter

01 Dec 2021, 17:32

***content removed***
Last edited by PENchanter on 02 Dec 2021, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
PENchanter

01 Dec 2021, 17:36

ComodoHacker wrote:
I've downloaded v3.0.3 to test GUI designer. The Tools menu is empty. Is it intentional, or just overlook? The designer is there but isn't it supposed to be in the Tools menu, along with other tools advertised?
Ooops! Look what I found!

<Answer by> Alguimist <on> May 11th, 2021
> "Most of the tools included with Adventure are relevant to AutoHotkey only. And that's why the Tools menu is initially empty. For a preset of tools, rename the file AHK-Tools.xml to Tools.xml
viewtopic.php?t=89901&start=20."
kunkel321

06 Dec 2021, 18:20

PENchanter wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 17:36
[...] Ooops! Look what I found!
<Answer by> Alguimist <on> May 11th, 2021 [....]
Don't feel bad, I also missed that post and asked the same question. A couple of other people have too.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel
Alguimist

01 Jan 2022, 15:48

What's new in Adventure IDE 3.0.4:
 • Fixed tab bar issues related to focus, painting and scrolling.
 • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
 • Autocomplete for Java: keywords, classes and packages.
 • Example files: 100+ easy-to-follow Java examples.
 • Syntax highlighting keywords for Harbour and Rust.

Albert Schenning

11 Feb 2022, 09:44

Are there any plans to implement a userDefineLang_AHK.xml like there is in Notepad++ or am i overlooking something ??

It would greatly improve the syntax color highlighting i think. It would then be possible to highlight the correct words for the Autohotkey_v2 syntax, now only the words used in Autohotkey_v1 are highlighted. Example : Clipboard in v1 is replaced by A_Clipboard in v2 but i cant give the latter a highlight color.
Psophos

04 Mar 2022, 02:14

Alguimist wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 15:48
What's new in Adventure IDE 3.0.4:
 • Fixed tab bar issues related to focus, painting and scrolling.
 • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
 • Autocomplete for Java: keywords, classes and packages.
 • Example files: 100+ easy-to-follow Java examples.
 • Syntax highlighting keywords for Harbour and Rust.

Hello Alguimist,
I would wish to help about translation if you would consider it might helps. This would be a way to participate and thank you for the amazing amount of work you have done :bravo:
I am french and i humbly offer to translate Adventure's sentences/words into french so that french community may benefit of it.
From what I've seen, translatable phrases are inside the main AutoHotkey file. So one will have to dig into your source code. Maybe one day, you'll put those sentences into an external file for easier access to translate ?
Let me know if you are interested in, I'll do it for free and with great pleasure.
Kinds regards, Olivier

Return to “Adventure IDE”