Script Editor Features:
- Multi-tabbed editor
- Syntax highlighting
- Code tooltips (calltips)
- Insertion of parameters
- Highlight identical text
- Line numbering
- Code folding
- Find in Files
- Mark line and text
- Show white spaces
- Load/Save Session
- Auto-save and Backup
- Integrated help
GUI Designer Features:
- Support for all control types
- Drag and drop positioning of controls
- Alignment, positioning and sizing commands
- Window/control properties
- GUI importation methods
- Menu editor
- Toolbar editor
- Start, Stop, Pause
- Step Into/Over/Out
- List of variables
- Call stack
- Attach to a running script
Tools included with AutoGUI:
- MagicBox: message box generator
- Expressive: regular expression test tool
- Constantine: Windows API constants explorer
- A_Variables: list of built-in variables
- Scripts Manager: list of running scripts
- COM Inspector: information about COM interfaces
- Structor: structure offsets and size
- Verifier: check the value of constants
- ErrorView: list of system error messages
Some other tools for development:
- WinSpy: window information tool
GUI Designer Usage:
- Choose a control type in the sidebar and then click the desired location in the preview window.
- Controls can be resized with the resizing grippers or by holding Shift while dragging.
- Right-click a control to show the context menu.
- Click and drag on an empty area of the preview window to draw a selection rectangle around multiple controls.
- To select a control, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on it. Ctrl+A selects all controls.
- The arrow keys can be used to make fine adjustments in the position/size of the controls.
- Press F9 to run the script. See the Run menu for more options.
- F12 switches between Design Mode and Editor Mode.
- AutoHotkey Unicode v1.1.23 or higher. Tested on Windows XP, 7, 10.