terenceck

Re: AutoGUI - Script Editor, GUI Designer, Debugger and Tools

18 Jun 2020, 23:28

How to fix this?

AutoGUI has not yet been adapted to high-DPI scaling
madsounds

19 Jun 2020, 02:40

- Make sure you are running an unmodified version of AutoGUI. You may need to extract the files again to a new location. Also make sure that the settings file (AutoGUI.ini) is being saved in the program folder, otherwise it is on %APPDATA%.
- Replace the function __SendEditor in Scintilla.ahk with this
- And the function __SCI with this
Yes, I've made everything as you said, and there's been no error since then! Thank you again! :dance:
need4speed

24 Jun 2020, 06:09

@Alguimist
I read you'll working on separating the GUI Creator from the Code Editor. The biggest drawback I see with GUI Creator, is that GUIs cannot be edited after closing GUI Creator. Will this be fixed in the new tool?
ronkwan

27 Jun 2020, 04:39

i am new to autoGUI and would like to make it my default .ahk editor on my win7 box so i can right click a .ahk and "Edit Script" with it.

i edit my registry as follow but says something like "its not a win32 application"
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoHotkeyScript\Shell\Edit\Command\
"C:\Program Files\AutoGUI\AutoGUI.ahk" "%1"

i try again using command prompt;
C:\>"Program Files\AutoGUI\AutoGUI.ahk" test.ahk
doesn't work, autoGUI.ahk opened but without my test.ahk file

C:\>"Program Files\AutoGUI\AutoGUI.ahk" c:\test.ahk
work, can read my test.ahk file, so i suspect this is a path name issue?

one might suggest me to compile autoGUI.ahk to .exe, but i run into another problem when i try to run a .ahk script within autoGUI, that's another story.

please help, much thanks.
Alguimist

26 Sep 2020, 06:44

Note: I've been a little absent from the forum, but I'm actively working on software projects.
kczx3 wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 15:59
@Alguimist on a side note, this next version must be a huge leap based on the things I’ve read that you’re working on!
A lot of improvements, new features and optimizations. AutoGUI, now called Adventure, became a flexible and lightweight IDE or advanced text editor, with support for all Scintilla lexers, custom themes and file metadata. I'm hoping to release it up to the end of the year.

@terenceck
See the answer given to flipside555 in this post.

@need4speed
As a separate tool, the GUI designer will no longer be in conflict with the editor in regard to the action that should be taken when opening a file. Thus, opening a file in the GUI designer will be equivalent to "import GUI", where you can choose between the two methods available. I've not devoted too much time for the improvement of this feature in past years, and I'm now considering to implement an XML format.

@ronkwan
In the tools folder of AutoGUI, there's a script called "Default Editor.ahk" that performs this task. I'm also going to provide a compiled version of the editor in the next release.
hced

27 Sep 2020, 19:11

@Alguimist How do you get font size to stick? When I set size to 10 in AutoGUI.ini, it resets back to some higher size when opening files.

Secondary question, how do I debug files. When choosing Start Debugging, it asks for an exe file?

Third question, or suggestion: When debugging in SciTE, I have to manually re-open Call Stack and Variable Scope windows every time. If this is the same in AutoGUI, maybe it could be a consideration to add an option where you can have these show up automatically by default. For those who'd like that? However, maybe that's just me :lol:
kczx3

28 Sep 2020, 10:38

Alguimist wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 06:44
... AutoGUI, now called Adventure, became a flexible and lightweight IDE or advanced text editor, ...
I like it! Coding is certainly an adventure!
Drugwash

28 Sep 2020, 12:20

Would the new version be capable of creating/editing multiple GUIs in a single script, or would that be another, far away... adventure? :)
I've deleted my CloudMe account because of GDPR - the now legal base for privacy invasion and data theft.
Alguimist

26 Oct 2020, 15:06

hced wrote: How do you get font size to stick? When I set size to 10 in AutoGUI.ini, it resets back to some higher size when opening files.
Go to View > Change Editor Font. If you modify the ini file, which is not recommended, while the program is running, your modifications will be overwritten when the program is closed.
hced wrote: How do I debug files. When choosing Start Debugging, it asks for an exe file?
It asks for the file to be saved first. Or maybe you are pressing Alt+F5, which asks for an alternative executable.
hced wrote: When debugging in SciTE, I have to manually re-open Call Stack and Variable Scope windows every time. If this is the same in AutoGUI...
I'll leave this way for a while. I have plans to consolidate all debug windows (variables, call stack and error stream) into a single tabbed window. Then, it could be shown up automatically when start debugging.

@Drugwash
I have no plans anymore to provide support for multiple GUIs, specially now that I'm considering to accommodate code generation for other programming languages compatible with Win32 GUI.
Drugwash

27 Oct 2020, 17:16

Sad to hear that. What if people need multiple GUIs in the other languages that you plan to support? It would be a harsh limitation.
Anyway, keep up the good work!
I've deleted my CloudMe account because of GDPR - the now legal base for privacy invasion and data theft.

Return to “AutoGUI”