Can't view Editor?

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
meulsie

Can't view Editor?

30 Apr 2019, 00:23

I can't seem to be able to view the editor at all, I only get a blank pane. On Windows 10:
This occurs if I load a sample project or create my own GUI
Attachments
AHK Autogui.png
AHK Autogui.png (33.62 KiB) Viewed 7867 times
Alguimist

Re: Can't view Editor?

30 Apr 2019, 03:08

Scintilla is not being loaded. Do you get an error message when starting AutoGUI?
meulsie

27 May 2019, 20:37

Alguimist wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 03:08
Scintilla is not being loaded. Do you get an error message when starting AutoGUI?
Sorry for the very late reply! No I don't get any error, I am running it on a work PC and there are lots of restrictions so maybe something to do with that?
Alguimist

28 May 2019, 21:14

meulsie wrote:
Is there an empty instance of the editor where you can type when you open AutoGUI?

If there is a group policy or ACL restriction affecting the loading of the DLL, you will get an error message.

Some steps that can be taken to determine the cause of the problem:
- Open a script in AutoGUI and press F9 to run it. If the execution succeeds, it means that somehow the text editor component is not being properly resized.
- Run a tool called Expressive, which can be found in the Tools folder, and see if it works. This tool also uses the Scintilla editor component.
- Try running AutoGUI from another folder or from a pen drive.
- Close AutoGUI and delete the settings file, AutoGUI.ini.
meulsie

17 Jun 2019, 17:41

Alguimist wrote:
28 May 2019, 21:14
meulsie wrote:
Is there an empty instance of the editor where you can type when you open AutoGUI?

If there is a group policy or ACL restriction affecting the loading of the DLL, you will get an error message.

Some steps that can be taken to determine the cause of the problem:
- Open a script in AutoGUI and press F9 to run it. If the execution succeeds, it means that somehow the text editor component is not being properly resized.
- Run a tool called Expressive, which can be found in the Tools folder, and see if it works. This tool also uses the Scintilla editor component.
- Try running AutoGUI from another folder or from a pen drive.
- Close AutoGUI and delete the settings file, AutoGUI.ini.
- Running the script works, for instance I tried running the Notepad one and it was able to load the Notepad window but I still not see the code
- Expressive runs
- Running from a different folder didn't make a difference and neither did deleting the settings file :(
:headwall:

Return to “Old Topics”