How to get keyword-sensitive help in Adventure IDE when editing AutoHotkey script

Open source general-purpose IDE, lightweight text editor. Previously known as AutoGUI.
san-r

How to get keyword-sensitive help in Adventure IDE when editing AutoHotkey script

19 Aug 2021, 06:06

I just discovered Adventure IDE for editing AutoHotkey scripts and I like many features of it. However, I'm unable to get keyword-sensitive help from the editor by placing the cursor somewhere in a keyword and pressing the F1 key.

For example, in the command line

Code: Select all

RunWait, %ComSpec% /c %CL% | clip,, Hide ; output piped to clipboard
if I place the cursor on the keyword "RunWait" or "ComSpec" and press F1, the relevant help page from the AutoHotkey help file should open. However, this doesn't happen with Adventure IDE. The SciTE editor that I have been using till now has this useful feature and I'm used to it.

I may be missing some configuration technique here. Can anyone please help me out?
Alguimist

Re: How to get keyword-sensitive help in Adventure IDE when editing AutoHotkey script

24 Aug 2021, 20:42

@san-r
You're probably missing something very simple: the keyword must be selected. Also make sure that the current document type is "AutoHotkey" (Syntax > AutoHotkey). If not, pressing F1 will open the Adventure help file.
san-r

Re: How to get keyword-sensitive help in Adventure IDE when editing AutoHotkey script

26 Aug 2021, 02:15

Thanks. I'm accustomed to using SciTE for so many years, where keyword selection is not necessary, that I missed this simple little thing.

After selecting the keyword RunWait, the help file opened the relevant page automatically. However, ComSpec is not considered a keyword by Adventure IDE till now (unlike SciTE). But since it is in active development, I hope it will be added in future.

Return to “Adventure IDE”