[AHK_H v2] Bug: ExeThread() -> call to nonexistent function RegisterCallback() Topic is solved

Post AHK_H specific scripts & libraries and discuss the usage and development of HotKeyIt's fork/branch
swagfag

[AHK_H v2] Bug: ExeThread() -> call to nonexistent function RegisterCallback()

05 Jan 2019, 11:22

RegisterCallback was renamed to CallbackCreate() in v2

code to reproduce:

Code: Select all

ExeThread("MsgBox('hello from thread')")
yields this
error

i saw there was a ExeThread.ahk in the release in there, and i changed it there to check, but it seems this is only for when ure compiling scripts. i tried compiling for both x86 and x64, using the provided `Ahk2Exe.ahk`(ran on the ahk_h_v2_x64 interpreter, on win10 x64)
when i compiled with autohotkey.dll, it always resulted in an error: "this app cant run on ur pc"
when i compiled with autohotkey.exe, it resulted in an
ahk error
i also tried all kinds of mpress/password/no password permutations. didnt make a lick of difference

so, compiling doesnt work either. maybe im missing something
coffee

Re: [AHK_H v2] Bug: ExeThread() -> call to nonexistent function RegisterCallback()

06 Jan 2019, 17:22

Exethread is not a native c++ function. Autohotkey H has an extra library location as a resource, i.e it can pull library files embedded in the executable itself after the default libraries fail (local, user, standard). These files are inserted in the post compile script included in the git repo.

Try grabbing the exethread file from https://github.com/HotKeyIt/ahkdll/tree ... ces/reslib, updating any calls to registercallback, place it in any of the default libraries to override the embedded one and see if that fixes this issue in the meantime. Just in the off chance the included one is different from the one in the compiler/lib folder.
swagfag

Re: [AHK_H v2] Bug: ExeThread() -> call to nonexistent function RegisterCallback()

07 Jan 2019, 10:23

oh wow... i hadnt actually bothered checking if any source was available. anyways, its fixed now, but good tip nonetheless

Return to “AutoHotkey_H”