i just followed the steps for this right now, with the latest AHK_H commit on master v1 branch:
Nov 29, 2019
Fix bug for compressed scripts
here are my notes after following the first post in this thread:
1.1) i never got the Retarget Projects popup when opening the .sln file.. i guess maybe the latest AHK_H doesn't need it anymore?
but, that means that i dont have an SDK number to save for Step 1.3
1.3) in fact, i dont have any of these folders: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\HERE GOES THE VERSION\shared';
i dont have ..\Windows Kits\10\Include\...
i only have '..\Windows Kits\10\ExtensionSDKs\...'
and i know i checked the correct boxes to install in step 1
was already added so i didnt have to touch these
1.5) the OP only shows 4 configs to build: Release, ReleaseDll, ReleaseDllMini, SelfContained. BUT, really you also have to build the corresponding (mbcs) for all of them too (which is the config for Win32a ansi), and then you ALSO need to build all of the MT_ variants too. otherwise, in the next step 1.6, CleanUpAndPack will complain when it can't find the ansi or MT files. (actually, i think you can skip x64 configs for mbcs, because i believe the x64 builds only support unicode)
everything builds successfully for me despite not adding the SDK lib dirs above.
2.1) i'm seeing 8 references for g_default_pwd now, not 6
2.5) similarly, its now the 8th (last) reference (not 6th) where you change the pw and can change the index offsets
for the guide
: when you want to compile your ahk script, you must Run the Ahk2exe script with the same AHK executable type as you plan on compiling with the base file. for example, if you run Ahk2exe with Ansi version of AHK, but then you choose win32w (unicode) for your base file, the resulting .exe won't open with error "the variable name contains an invalid char". its likely because it needs the pw as a unicode string not ansi. and vice versa