Latest Ahk2Exe - good for any other versions of AHK_H?

Post AHK_H specific scripts & libraries and discuss the usage and development of HotKeyIt's fork/branch
TheArkive

Latest Ahk2Exe - good for any other versions of AHK_H?

17 Jan 2021, 12:22

Just wondering if I can use AHK_H v2 latest Ahk2Exe with other versions of AHK_H? Including AHK_H v1 by chance?
HotKeyIt

Re: Latest Ahk2Exe - good for any other versions of AHK_H?

17 Jan 2021, 13:31

Yes, you can, both compilers are the same and written in v1.
Take the compiler included in v2 (the only difference is that it has v2 folder).
Then copy AutoHotkeyU.exe (from v1\Win32w) and AutoHotkeyA.exe (from v1\Win32a) to Compiler folder.

That's it.
TheArkive

Re: Ahk2Exe_H - use one version for both v1 and v2?

17 Apr 2021, 07:24

Hey @HotKeyIt, another question about Ahk2Exe setup options for AHK_H.

I'm in the process of trying this now, and it seems possible in theory. I'm just wondering if there is anything lesser known about how the compiler works that would make doing this a bad idea?

So my main questions are:
  1. Is it necessary to copy over 64-bit versions of AutoHotkey.exe if a user wishes to compile a 64-bit version only?
  2. I noticed that the compiler in AHK_H parses exe files and DLLs in the parent directory above the compiler directory.
    So, is it possible to consolidate/copy/rename these exe's so that one Ahk2Exe compiler can be used for both AHK_H v1 and v2?
For example...

Code: Select all

compiler\
        \v2\v2 64-bit AutoHotkeyU.exe
        \v2\v2 64-bit AutoHotkeyU MT.exe
        \v2\v2 32-bit AutoHotkeyU.exe
        \v1 32-bit AutoHotkeyA.exe
        \v1 64-bit AutoHotkeyU.exe

I would imagine the v2 exe's would go in the v2 folder, and the v1 exe's would go in the root folder of the compiler.

Is that about right?

I'm just trying to omit the need to maintain multiple compiler folders if possible.

Would the same be possible for the DLL versions as well? I imagine using underscores instead of spaces might be advised or something.
HotKeyIt

Re: Latest Ahk2Exe - good for any other versions of AHK_H?

17 Apr 2021, 15:39

1. No
2. Yes
Any folder structure should work for exe and dll.

Return to “AutoHotkey_H”