SIMPLIFIED How to install AutoHotKey_H COMPLETE

Ask for help, how to use AHK_H, etc.
BeamInn

SIMPLIFIED How to install AutoHotKey_H COMPLETE

14 May 2020, 07:01

Hello. I've been scouring the internet looking for a method of installing AHK_H. I've found tons of forum posts with people who have had problems with small aspects and little post-installation glitches, but I haven't found even one single trace of a guide to installing (yes, I saw the "how to compile" and tried that with little success, also).

I have the pre-compiled stuff downloaded. C:\ahkdll-v2-release-master\...

What do I do next? Apart from downloading this stuff, I don't know what else to do.
boiler

Re: SIMPLIFIED How to install AutoHotKey_H COMPLETE

14 May 2020, 08:38

Are you just looking to install AHK_H? If so, you don't need to compile it from its source code. Have you tried just downloading and installing it from here the link below?
https://hotkeyit.github.io/v2/

If you run into problems at that point, ask specific questions in the AHK_H Ask For Help sub-forum.
HotKeyIt

14 May 2020, 08:42

All you need to do is to extract the files + copy relevant AutoHotkey.exe to Compiler Directory + renaming it to Ahk2Exe.exe.

If you already installed AutoHotkey and want to replace it: Copy & paste the content of the relevant folder (32/64 - MD/MT) into installed directory (backup your old version!).
Also rename (backup) old Compiler folder and copy & paste ahk_h compiler if needed.
SOTE

15 May 2020, 08:24

BeamInn wrote:
14 May 2020, 07:01
Hello. I've been scouring the internet looking for a method of installing AHK_H...
AHK_H files from the official GitHub can directly replace AHK_L files. You don't need to recompile anything or have to use Visual Studio (until you are ready or want to), unless you are trying to change the default password. Ahk2Exe has 3 options. 1) Compression 2) Encrypt with Password 3) MPRESS. You don't need to use Encryption to compile (bind) .ahk files to .exe files. You can choose options 1. (compression) AND/OR 3. (MPRESS), which will provide a very usable layer of protection by themselves (though not equal to encryption).
LBJ

11 Aug 2020, 21:21

HotKeyIt wrote:
14 May 2020, 08:42
All you need to do is to extract the files + copy relevant AutoHotkey.exe to Compiler Directory + renaming it to Ahk2Exe.exe.

Firstly, thank you very much for your work on this excellent project.

My results from just now on a clean system are...

1. download ahkdll-v2-release-master.zip
2. extract
3. copy x64w/AutoHotkey.exe to Compiler/Akh2Exe.exe
4. execute Ahk2Exe.exe
5. error...

Error in #inlude file
"U:\ahkdll-v2-release-master\Compiler\IconChanger.ahk":
Call to nonexistent function.

Specifically: VarSetCapacity(igh, 8), f.RawRead(igh, 6)

---> 015: VarSetCapacity(igh, 8), f.RawRead(igh, 6)

Have I misunderstood your instructions for the process?

Best regards

LBJ
LBJ

13 Aug 2020, 20:25

LBJ wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 21:21
Error in #inlude file
"U:\ahkdll-v2-release-master\Compiler\IconChanger.ahk":
Call to nonexistent function.

Specifically: VarSetCapacity(igh, 8), f.RawRead(igh, 6)

Answering my own question, I can now see that this is a conflict between the versions of AutoHotkey.exe and the IconChanger.ahk script included in the current AHK_H release.

The packager has missed the change in VarSetCapacity vs VarSetStrCapacity in V2 in the current release provided for download.

Best regards

LBJ
tpitera

07 Dec 2020, 09:39

I started out with vanilla AHK. I downloaded the zip file for AHK_H and copied and pasted the files into the compiler folder. The instructions on the readme says "Handle FileInstall on same-line If* commands." but I am unaware how to do this. I have tried the suggestion of copy and pasting the exe file into the compiler folder and renaming as instructed above and still getting errors. Does anyone know how to address this?
silentblood

27 Jan 2021, 19:22

I have followed these directions till I'm blue in the face and it never works. I guess maybe I'm missing something.
HotKeyIt

27 Jan 2021, 21:29

In latest release you need only to copy the complete compiler folder and desired exe to AutoHotkey folder.
MrElectrifyer

31 Aug 2023, 10:05

HotKeyIt wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 21:29
In latest release you need only to copy the complete compiler folder and desired exe to AutoHotkey folder.
I know its been a long while since this thread had any post, but I still don't see any complete instruction set on how to install AutoHotkey H over my AutoHotkey v2/v1.1.36.02 setup (AutoHotkey v2 reinstalled the latter due to some lack of compatibility with my script).

• What do we do with the lib folder?
  • What are the differences between the Win32a, Win32a_MT, Win32w, and Win32w_MT 32-Bit executables, and the x64w and x64w_MT 64-Bit executatbles?
  • Do we just copy their AutoHotkey.exe executable to our C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\Compiler directory, renaming it to Ahk2Exe.exe?
  • Also noticed that the AutoHotkey.exe executable in the x64w folder keeps getting deleted by Windows Defender for some reason.
  • What is meant to happen with the existing Ahk2Exe.exe file that came in the AutoHotkey_H compiler folder?
  • Is there any need to make changes to our C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\v1.1.36.02 files/exectables?
I looked in the included AutoHotkey_H.chm file for "Install" all to no avail. Can't read your super mind @HotKeyIt. Would be great if a complete guide were included in the help file or at least a step-by-step readme file. Really eager to utilize your in-line Sleep {#} feature in my ever growing productivity-enhancing AutoHotkey script I use for my workflow.
Kolo

Today, 08:02

The built version gives every virus warning imaginable and the project has been left untouched for years. You could very easily be downloading something else with the same name. There are at least 3 threads over 5 years with the same unanswered question as the OP. The version2 is in alpha, the git instructions has nothing but warnings of 'figure it out on your own but there's hidden stuff u'll have to change"....most of any explanation is for the version 1... version. And there is tons of contradictory information across all 5 of these aforementioned sites. This is complete nonsense. You either know how to get it working or you don't. Everyone reading this should forget about trying to get this to work there is no support for you.

Return to “Ask for Help”