Use Alexa or Google Nest to control your computer with AHK

Helpful script writing tricks and HowTo's
tadamm

Use Alexa or Google Nest to control your computer with AHK

19 Mar 2021, 14:51

I found this cool skill called trigger cmd which then lets me run a AHK script to do pretty much anything i want on my computer.

1.You just download the exe to computer and the skill on the Alexa app.

2.Set up what you want to say to your Alexa to run a script

3. Code AHK to do what ever you want.

Download = https://www.triggercmd.com/en/

How To = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6kXPRd8ZGQ
that1ahkpro

Re: Use Alexa or Google Nest to control your computer with AHK

16 Apr 2021, 09:31

Bro cool asf thank you so muchhh

the software is paid tho. is there a free alternative?
BoBo

Re: Use Alexa or Google Nest to control your computer with AHK

02 Aug 2022, 11:33

A little script snippet that acts as an interface for sending stuff (to be exactly the parameters of a :arrow: triggerCMD command (line)) to your PC for further processing.

The default delay after a "keypress" is 1 second. To set another delay use this parameter format <string>:<number> ie "AHK Rocks:1.2" where <number> is representing the delay in seconds. If your string is of this format c(<digit>) ie c(65) the script will convert this string into its ASCII-character equivalent.

So a space separated triggerCMD command could look like this:

autohotkey.exe sendKey.ahk {F2}:1.5 {F3}:5 {F3}:5 {F4} (will press/send the keys F2/F3/F3/F4 with its specified delays)

autohotkey.exe sendKey.ahk trigger:0 c(67):0 M:0 c(68):0 (will send the string 'triggerCMD' with the least possible delay)

sendKey.ahk

Code: Select all

#SingleInstance, Force
SetBatchLines, -1

Loop % A_Args.Count()												;loop for the number of parameters
   {  param := StrSplit(A_Args[A_Index],":")						;check if parameter contains a colon ('delay-flag'), if yes create an array
      p := InStr(A_Args[A_Index],":")  ? param.1 : A_Args[A_Index]	;get the 1st/string element of the array
      p := InStr(p,"c(")               ? Chr(SubStr(p,3,-1)) : p	;..but if that string is matching the ASCII-conversion format, convert it
      d := InStr(A_Args[A_Index],":")  ? param.2 : 1				;get the 2nd/delay element of the array
      Send  % p														;send the string/a keypress
      Sleep % d*1000												;wait for the specified time
   }

Return to “Tutorials (v1)”