A number of years ago, I wrote a blog in response to a reader's question which took his code and turned it into a function. In that blog, I addressed many of the nuances of functions that a beginner may miss.
I just reviewed and updated that blog "Writing AutoHotkey Functions to Make Life Easier" and thought I would offer it as a tutorial in this forum.
The blog addresses:
- User-Defined Function Format
- Creating an AutoHotkey Function to Replace Repetitious Code
- Assigning Names to the Parameters
- Calling the Function
- Alternative Method for Calling a Function
- Plus, a couple of extra AutoHotkey tips for beginners