One way to fix TrayTip not working on Win10?

Helpful script writing tricks and HowTo's
viv

One way to fix TrayTip not working on Win10?

18 Mar 2021, 00:29

I used deepl translator to write the following, hope you can understand

I also had a problem the other day with TrayTip not working on Win10
Then search and find BBS already has similar posts

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=44395
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=77907
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=66010

One of the solutions in the post is to reinstall the system, and one is to modify the file path or file name
I have also been using the method of changing the file name
But it's very hard, I have a lot of programs that depend on the original file name.
So I had to save two copies of the EXE at the same time, one for those that needed TrayTip, and one for those that depended on the original filename

Today, I occasionally want to solve this problem again
Then suddenly found this interface
This is the screen that appears when I drag and drop the script onto the EXE and then right click on the notification
360软件小助手截图20210318125832.jpg
360软件小助手截图20210318125832.jpg (26.82 KiB) Viewed 5278 times
It turns out that AutoHotkey was not included in the settings save (I have tried to search for it in the registry)
So I searched for "Microsoft.Explorer.Notification"

The system will add the relevant value to the registry when the relevant notification is disabled
like:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\Microsoft.Explorer.Notification.{A4BFD7E6-DD8C-C81F-85BA-F18F3A06794F},Enabled
Disable notifications when "Enabled" is 0

Although the current GUID of AutoHotkey is known
but do not know the GUID of the AutoHotkey where the bug occurred
So I deleted all the Enabled values in all in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\Microsoft.Explorer.Notification.*******

Then the original buggy AutoHotkey worked fine

Just for reference, hope it will be helpful to you
lechat

Re: One way to fix TrayTip not working on Win10?

23 Jun 2021, 23:37

I should thank you for posting this. I've been struggling with not being able to find a solution for this but your solution worked!
henniR123

29 Oct 2021, 09:08

WOW, thank you so much for this information.
Since i upgraded to Windows 11 Autohotkey suddenly stopped to show TrayTips. Because I really needed my scripts i switchted TrayTip to ToolTip in my most important scripts to make them work at all.
This registry change gave me back my tray tips so i dont have to change all my scripts :)
Thank you very much!

Edit: This information should be placed in the AutoHotkey help. I read it so often while trying to fix this but could not find this information there at all. Because im sure i never told windows to disable AutoHotkey TrayTips but the registry entry was still there. I didn't even check the GUID, because although there were about 50 entries, only one had the "Enabled" = 0 entry mentioned above. I deleted this and my problem was instantly fixed :)
wernerml

17 Aug 2023, 17:23

Hello guys, unfortunately I searched all my registry and couldn't find the key: "Microsoft.Explorer.Notification.{A4BFD7E6-DD8C-C81F-85BA-F18F3A06794F}"

or just "Microsoft.Explorer.Notification".

what to do then? help!

Return to “Tutorials (v1)”