ImageSearch using .png with transparent background Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
kyran64

ImageSearch using .png with transparent background

13 Nov 2015, 12:04

Hello everyone!
I've been tinkering with this and having no luck. I've searched the forums, browsed a bit with Google, read the documentation, tried a number of things with my script, and I think I'm just not understanding.

I'm trying to write a script that can search for simple white letters that appear against varying backgrounds.

Using Gimp, I have started trying to isolate and crop the individual letters (with ONLY white pixels) and saved them as a .png with a transparent background, then use imagesearch to find them on the screen. I get errorcode=1 every time.

I then tried to save the letters with a black background and use the option *TransBlack but that has also yielded no success.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this that could point me in the right direction?
MasterFocus
GitHub: MasterFocus

Re: ImageSearch using .png with transparent background  Topic is solved

14 Nov 2015, 00:31

I'd point you to Gdip_ImageSearch [ GitHub | Forum ], but it's probably better to ask first if you
can provide us some samples of your script and the images (letters and screen), so we can test it.
Antonio França - git.io | github.com | ahk4.net | sites.google.com
Member of the AHK community since 08/Apr/2009. Moderator since mid-2012.
Need help? Please post on the forum before sending me a PM.

Return to “Ask For Help”