Holding down a key

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
throwawayahkuser

Holding down a key

10 Jan 2016, 12:06

Hello, I'm looking for a little bit of assistance with getting my AHK script working.

The need for this is that I am playing a game where I need to press F3 quite frequently. It was Alt + F3 at first but I managed to only set it to F3 by editing the script. Anyways, I need to press F3 quite frequently because it enables some information that I require during certain situations in this game.

A rundown of how it works currently is that, when you press F3, it shows the information, and when you press F3 again, it disappears.

I want to make it so that when I press my middle mouse button down, it presses F3 and displays the information, and when I release my middle mouse button, it presses F3 again and hides the information.

Code: Select all

MButton::
Send {F3 Down}{F3 Up}
return

MButton Up::
Send {F3 Down}{F3 Up}
return
It's barely working, and I want it to be more stable. If I frequently tap my middle mouse button, the game thinks that the information is actually enabled even when my middle mouse button is up. Also, when I hold my middle mouse button down, it spams F3. I want this to not be the case.

Excuse my brievity, if you need me to explain something in greater detail I'll be more than happy to try.
Zachatoo

Re: Holding down a key

10 Jan 2016, 12:22

Some games don't like AHK, could you try this and see if it works? Try adjusting the Sleep time as well.

Send {F3 Down}
Sleep 20
Send {F3 Up}
return

MButton Up::
Send {F3 Down}
Sleep 20
Send {F3 Up}
return
throwawayahkuser

10 Jan 2016, 12:34

Hi there, it works fine for holding the key down now, but the issue that I am now facing is that when I quickly tap the middle mouse button it stays with the information box on, just like I just pressed F3 once to toggle it on.
Nextron

10 Jan 2016, 13:54

How's this:

SetKeyDelay,30,30 ;Make key represses long so game detects them
	Send {F3} ;Turn info on
	Sleep 300 ;Regardless of how long you press MButton, keep info on this long, YMMV
	KeyWait MButton ;Wait for MButton release
	Send {F3} ;Turn info off
Return
throwawayahkuser

10 Jan 2016, 17:18

Thank you a lot to the both of you, it's almost working perfectly now but it's most certainly better than my code.

Return to “Ask For Help”