.Navigate() not working properly with a Java website

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Elisabeth

.Navigate() not working properly with a Java website

23 Jan 2014, 04:22

I'm building a AHK application that navigates with (Internet) Explorer through some webpages,
but I'm having the following issue with it:

My case:

Code: Select all

Gui, Add, ActiveX, x20 y135 w1230 h550 vWebBrowser, Shell.Explorer
This creates a browser window within my GUI.

Then I use
WebBrowser.Navigate("https://www.an-intranet-website.here")

This works fine.
But when I navigate through more advanced pages, I get the following error on the webpage:
Error 500: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward. Response already committed.
I don't have this issue, when I turn off AHK, open a normal Internet Explorer window and navigate through these pages in the exact same manner.

So it seems that Shell.Explorer and its Navigate function, are behaving differently from a normal Internet Explorer session.

What could be causing this? How can I fix this?
Zelio

Re: .Navigate() not working properly with a Java website

26 Jan 2014, 06:30

I doubt but try to add WebBrowser.silent := true and ComObjError(0) and WebBrowser.navigate("about:blank") before to navigate to your url, however try to play with other parameters or navigate2, for example go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa752094.aspx Sorry, out of my knowledge, and your error seems to be very specific of what you use.
Also if you know what your internal site do, then try to google "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward", I guess you can find what your webbrowser session need to request or translate... Good luck !
Elisabeth

Re: .Navigate() not working properly with a Java website

28 Jan 2014, 03:10

Not resolved.
Thank you for your suggestions, but they don't solve it.

When I google for "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward", all I can find are answers on how to fix it in Java. I've got no relation with the website / server / developers. We are just users.

The intranet site works fine in both Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 24. Not in the AutoHotkey Shell.Explorer, nor Shell.Explorer.2

Anyone else who has an idea?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”