Question about: GroupAdd

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
megnatar
GitHub: Megnatar

Question about: GroupAdd

03 Jul 2016, 21:00

Hey people!

I have a very specific question about the command GroupAdd.

When I add a application the a group with

Code: Select all

GroupAdd, AppGroup, Ahk_exe Application.exe
And I add the same exe again in exact the same way.
Will the window group then hold a new entry for that group ore will the command GroupAdd just ignore that executable because it was already there?

I want to know this because I pars the same apps over and over again. I don't want my script to consume RAM for nothing. Though I suspect the exe will be ignored since I never seen my script grown in bytes while running. I just want to be sure.

Thank you!
Xtra

Re: Question about: GroupAdd

03 Jul 2016, 23:42

GroupAdd
Since the entries in each group need to be added only once, this command is typically used in the auto-execute section (top part of the script). Attempts to add duplicate entries to a group are ignored.

When in doubt check the docs.

HTH
megnatar
GitHub: Megnatar

Re: Question about: GroupAdd

05 Jul 2016, 14:08

Xtra wrote:GroupAdd
Since the entries in each group need to be added only once, this command is typically used in the auto-execute section (top part of the script). Attempts to add duplicate entries to a group are ignored.

When in doubt check the docs.

HTH

Thanks for the replay. I probably missed this part "Attempts to add duplicate entries to a group are ignored."
Indeed the .chm help file is 99% of the time my guide.

Return to “Ask For Help”