Hide process?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Nevalopo

Hide process?

03 Sep 2016, 10:37

So im looking for a way to hide the process of autohotkey.exe, If you think its for malicious intent it's not, I am trying to run my ahk script in the background but the game i play wont start if autohotkey.exe is active. I use my script for alot of stuffs like pause music, swap windows, snap windows to other monitors, launch some apps, overlay digital clock etc i feel so lost without it.

Any help possible or is it even possible with just AHK or do i need to use an external program?
Helgef

Re: Hide process?

03 Sep 2016, 13:09

Very untested, rename the autohotkey.exe you are running.
rootmos

03 Sep 2016, 19:24

Here's from the old forums! Hope it helps

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/7887 ... k-manager/

I tested it a long time ago, it did work. Not sure if it works on Windows 10 or Windows 7 though.

Hyde dll source code:
https://autohotkey.com/joe_df/autohotke ... source.zip
Look at me, I am your god now.
punchin

04 Sep 2016, 13:21

Your issue may or may not be easily solvable. If running it from a renamed autohotkey.exe does not work, then compiling it is your next step.
Renaming the exe simply renames the process. The process description however, still has autohotkey in it. The game may be catching that. If you compile it, the process description then becomes the filename.
Nevalopo

04 Sep 2016, 18:34

punchin wrote:Your issue may or may not be easily solvable. If running it from a renamed autohotkey.exe does not work, then compiling it is your next step.
Renaming the exe simply renames the process. The process description however, still has autohotkey in it. The game may be catching that. If you compile it, the process description then becomes the filename.
I tried compiling it and rename everything i could but it still shuts off. I haven't tried the Hyde dll since it seems really sketchy lol
punchin

05 Sep 2016, 16:25

Check out the script I made for renaming the process id. If that doesnt resolve it, and compiling it doesnt either, then you have some pretty sophisticated anti-macro software there.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”