How to make the keys in a hotkey global so when you change the input, still that hotkey work?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
DeepMind

How to make the keys in a hotkey global so when you change the input, still that hotkey work?

16 Oct 2016, 11:44

so let's say i have two input (english, persian) and i want to make keys in this hotkey (!w::SendInput, ^c) global (not sure if it's the right term) so if for example i pressed !w or (equivalent key in persian input), i want it sends ^c, in both cases. so normally i tried to also define the same hotkey for persian input: !ص::SendInput, ^c but then i'm using scite4autohotkey, and i get this message, that i don't want to see every time i reload:
I'm pretty sure there's a good workaround or something, appreciate any help guys

Code: Select all

!w::SendInput, ^c
DeepMind

Re: How to make the keys in a hotkey global so when you change the input, still that hotkey work?

16 Oct 2016, 12:28

HotKeyIt wrote:Use Virtual Key and Scan Code: !VK57SC011::SendInput, ^c
thanks HotKeyIt :)

Edit: it works fine in english input, but in persian input it sends x, not ^c ? why?
DeepMind

Re: How to make the keys in a hotkey global so when you change the input, still that hotkey work?

16 Oct 2016, 12:59

HotKeyIt wrote:!VK57SC011::SendInput, ^{VK43SC03E}
oh, now I see where I goofed, thanks
DeepMind

22 Oct 2016, 12:14

HotKeyIt wrote:!VK57SC011::SendInput, ^{VK43SC03E}
i don't know what's wrong but, for example i have this part in my script for "notepad":

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe NOTEPAD.EXE
!VK46SC021::SendInput, ^{VK46SC021}	; !f::SendInput, ^f
and this one for SciTE (and a couple other like this for other windows with different wintitles):

#IfWinActive, ahk_class SciTEWindow
!f::SendInput, ^f
now; !f works fine in notepad (in both input lang), but it opens menu bar "File" drop down in SciTE and other windows , as if i didn't defined !f::SendInput, ^f in those windows, but if i change !f::SendInput, ^{f} in those wins to !VK46SC021::SendInput, ^{VK46SC021}, it pretty much does what it should (it kept alt down one time).

but i simply looking for something that change my keyboard keys in script to global in all languages then i don't have to find VK and SC for every hotkey that i want to put in script. I wish there was a code that i could put in my script and its keys would became global in all languages and then its hotkeys wouldn't have problem in different languages :(

i really need to get this to work, appreciate any help, tnx ;)
DeepMind

16 Nov 2016, 02:41

any other way? guys I need your help, this is becoming annoying :(
I mean there gutta be some script or something to add to script to solve this

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”