Need a script made (Will pay $$$)

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
DevinIT

Need a script made (Will pay $$$)

07 Aug 2017, 23:12

Hey guys,

Currently my work place uses eGain for chat. The issue is that it won't play a sound when there is a new chat.

I'd like to create a script which attaches to the IE window and plays a user-set sound file/screen flash until acknowledged.

Here's a screenshot of what the window shows when someone creates a chat with us - It's important that this script only activates once per new chat, and not simply by pixel color so this sound isn't played over and over again when a user replies the sound doesn't go off again. I do not want us to have to reopen the script between chats, so make sure that the prompt doesn't close/stop the script.
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (20.91 KiB) Viewed 693 times
BoBo

Re: Need a script made (Will pay $$$)

08 Aug 2017, 01:06

If 'Open activities' is keeping the number of chats (to be found at the lower right of the screenshot) that could be the trigger for your doorbell. Check out the pages sourcecode if you can identify that string - and once it changes.
DevinIT

13 Aug 2017, 06:57

Hello, making this post go up.
thenasos

14 Aug 2017, 08:42

Ah, it has been some time, I've seen eGain window.. (and memories tent to fade)
If I remember it runs on JavaScript, but should not be to hard to point to stuff.

As BoBo said, you need to find an object that will be your trigger ( Chat status, Time waiting for reply, Activity Duration, Open activities) and check against "Activity ID" if it was actioned on the session before.
1 var to trigger, 1 var to check, and soundplay to rule them all.
Shrek is love...
DevinIT

21 Aug 2017, 04:03

thenasos wrote:Ah, it has been some time, I've seen eGain window.. (and memories tent to fade)
If I remember it runs on JavaScript, but should not be to hard to point to stuff.

As BoBo said, you need to find an object that will be your trigger ( Chat status, Time waiting for reply, Activity Duration, Open activities) and check against "Activity ID" if it was actioned on the session before.
1 var to trigger, 1 var to check, and soundplay to rule them all.
Thank you. Looks like I am going to have to create this myself.

Return to “Ask For Help”