I shouldn't need another %.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jbearnolimits

I shouldn't need another %.

29 Aug 2017, 23:51

I'm getting this error and I don't know why or how to fix it. I have multiple lines that use ControlSend, Internet Explorer_Server1, Text to input, % "ahk_id " wb.HWND

So why does THIS part throw an error?

C:\Users\mine\Desktop\Autohotkey Scripts\Services\Buyers\1\1.ahk (48) : ==> This parameter contains a variable name missing its ending percent sign.
Specifically: <p>let me ask the question again. Why wouldn't you contact me to help you find your dream home? There isn't a single reason not to{!} <b>So call, email, or text me and let me know you are ready to move{!}<{/}b><{/}p><p><b>Your Name Here<br>Other stuff | more stuff<br>Office phone: 555-555-5555<br>Email: [email protected]<br>Numbers {#}55444<{/}b><{/}p>, % "ahk_id " wb.HWND

My code works until this part.

ControlSend, Internet Explorer_Server1, <p>let me ask the question again. Why wouldn't you contact me to help you find your dream home? There isn't a single reason not to{!} <b>So call, email, or text me and let me know you are ready to move{!}<{/}b><{/}p><p><b>Your Name Here<br>Other stuff | more stuff<br>Office phone: 555-555-5555<br>Email: [email protected]<br>Numbers {#}55444<{/}b><{/}p>, % "ahk_id " wb.HWND
jbearnolimits

Re: I shouldn't need another %.

29 Aug 2017, 23:56

I think it may have something to do with the comma's. It should say So, let me ask the question. When I take all the comma's out it works. So at least I narrowed it down that much. But how do I keep them? I tried {',} and {,} but nothing good.
jbearnolimits

30 Aug 2017, 00:12

Ok, I hate it when you work on something for hours, finally ask for help, and then figure it out on your own. I thought the `, was ', So for those making my mistake, in order to put a real comma hit the key just under your escape key on the keyboard. Now if only I could figure out why it makes a lowercase if when it is supposed to be If.
jbearnolimits

30 Aug 2017, 00:12

Xtra wrote:Use EscapeChar:

Code: Select all

`, 
LOL, yeah, just figured that one out.
obeeb

30 Aug 2017, 00:14

You can also put % in the start of the parameter and put the whole text in quotes. ".,,,.".
jbearnolimits

30 Aug 2017, 00:19

Please explain? You mean just add a % at the beginning, put everything in quotes, and leave the rest the same will make it to where I don't need to use the ` key? Will {Enter} or {Tab} still work to hit the enter and tab keys?
obeeb

30 Aug 2017, 00:41

jbearnolimits wrote:Please explain? You mean just add a % at the beginning, put everything in quotes, and leave the rest the same will make it to where I don't need to use the ` key? Will {Enter} or {Tab} still work to hit the enter and tab keys?
Yes, exactly. Everything should work the same.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”