connect to generated workbook and manipulate cell format

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
Geramont

connect to generated workbook and manipulate cell format

03 Dec 2017, 15:23

Hi everyone,

I posted a new topic becaus my old topic seems to have run dry (https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 33#p183033, post from 27th october 017)... I have a freshly generated workbook (not saved, it is generated by another programm which gives me a workbook with data I searched for). Some of it's cells have to be formatted. Then I export this workbook to a utf8 txt file which I read with autohotkey.

My problem is to connect to the workbook. I also tried to run an excel macro (stored in my personal workbook), but nothing works. I searched the forum without success. I tested to generate a new workbook using com. That worked. I succeeded in exporting the workbook to utf8 using com. But I could not run the macro.

Normally when I generate a new excel workbook by com my personal worbook is opened and I have access to my personal macros. When the generated workbook appears my personal wokbook does not...so I cannot get access to my macro.

Here is my ahk code to test getting access to the workbook:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#F12::

WinWait, Microsoft Excel - Mappe1
WinShow, Microsoft Excel - Mappe1
WinActivate, Microsoft Excel - Mappe1

;IfWinActive, ahk_class XLMAIN
oExcel := ComObjActive("Excel.Application")
oExcel.Run("PERSONAL.XLSB!liste_formatieren")
oExcel :=
return
This is the macro code I recorded in excel:

Code: Select all

Sub export2utf8()
'
' export2utf8 Makro
'
' Tastenkombination: Strg+e
'
    Columns("E:H").Select
    Selection.NumberFormat = "d/m/yy h:mm;@"
    Columns("A:H").Select
    Columns("A:H").EntireColumn.AutoFit

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
        "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ListeFormatiert.txt", FileFormat:=xlUnicodeText _
        , CreateBackup:=False
    Range("A2").Select
End Sub
Running the macro manually in excel by works fine! The cells are formatted to "5.11.17 13:45" but running the script via ahk it throws an error on the NumberFormat. I read MS's documentation about the possible formats but none of my tries ("d.m.yy hh:mm" etc.) worked.

Can someone give me a hint?

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Ask For Help”