AHK Browser Display - Scaled

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
mikek

AHK Browser Display - Scaled

30 Sep 2013, 17:43

Hi all, I would like to show a web page within an ahk window, and I would like to show it as a thumbnail / preview.

I found the ahk documentation for Gui Add, ActiveX, which adds the browser element I desired. However, I would also like to provide dimensions which will scale the browser screen (as opposed to creating scroll bars).

Does anyone know if this is possible, or have ideas of where to look for an answer?

Thank you.

- Mike
Alibaba

Re: AHK Browser Display - Scaled

30 Sep 2013, 17:54

I don't think it's possible, because the size of the objects and the site itself, completely depends on the websites html and css.
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine
lblb

30 Sep 2013, 18:51

Hi mikek,

I'm not sure I understand your resizing requirement but maybe this could help? If you are using Win 7 or Vista, you could maybe look into including the Windows Aero thumbnails in your Gui (which means you would have a real time thumbnail of the size you want, but you do have to have Aero turned on). You can add the thumbnail of the full browser window, or only a region (that you can zoom in/out).

For this, you can use this script by maul.esel:
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/6 ... humbnails/

For an example of the use/modification of this script, see:
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/7 ... how-video/
mikek

02 Oct 2013, 13:14

Thank you for your responses and ideas, Alibaba and lblb. I originally wanted a scaled preview, such as if you hit control-minus a few times within Firefox, it will scale the page. After not making progress with this, I am getting more comfortable with having a full-size display with scroll bars. Thank you very much.

- Mike

Return to “Ask For Help”