Receive web API call with AHK

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
RazorHalo

Receive web API call with AHK

28 Mar 2018, 00:08

I am using AHK to interact with Podio for organizing my work projects. I can send WinHTTP requests and get data back no problem.

Podio allows you to use hooks to automatically send data out when Podio item are created/updated/deleted etc.
The hooks are sent out to any URL you specify.

I would like to use my computer to receive these calls, I was thinking it should be possible to use my IP address as the URL...

Is there a way that I can have AHK listen for these calls?
Would it maybe require some kind of web server on my pc?

Looking to be pointed in the right direction at least. Not finding much searching google or the forums for this, everything seems to be about sending WinHTTP requests and not for listening for them.

Thanks
BoBo

Re: Receive web API call with AHK

28 Mar 2018, 00:49

https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35120
https://github.com/G33kDude/Socket.ahk/ ... Socket.ahk
Hope that helps.

If you could provide a sample sender/receiver script that is working with Podio I'd have a look at it as well (seems to be free for up to 5 people). Thx :)
RazorHalo

13 Apr 2018, 16:55

Thanks BoBo. That's what I was looking for. Development is coming along quite well now. Podio seems to be a great platform and has a lot of capability even with their free plan. I use it to organize everything at my work and wanted to automate a bunch of stuff.

I ended up using AHksock as there is very good documentation for it.

I have been putting together a tutorial on working with the Podio API and will post it when it is complete.
Haxt0r Baxtor

14 Apr 2018, 13:29

RazorHalo wrote:Thanks BoBo. That's what I was looking for. Development is coming along quite well now. Podio seems to be a great platform and has a lot of capability even with their free plan. I use it to organize everything at my work and wanted to automate a bunch of stuff.

I ended up using AHksock as there is very good documentation for it.

I have been putting together a tutorial on working with the Podio API and will post it when it is complete.
look forward seeing that

Return to “Ask For Help”