Problem with 7 keys when Remapping 2 Keyboards

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
OCP

Problem with 7 keys when Remapping 2 Keyboards

15 Apr 2018, 07:18

My problem: i use 2 keyboards and i use HIDMacros to remap bolt so i then can make different hotkeys on both in ahk.

a side effect is that some keys are there twice on the numpad so the remap of 1 also effects the other because these keys send the same commands when hidmacros is on

i have the problem on 8 keys, one (enter) i could solve by having the normal enter send a numpad enter this works because HIDMacros sees bolt the numpadenter's as just a enter and ahk does see a difference

now i have 7 keys left to do that presents a problem they all are remapped in HIDMacros and then have a hotkey assigned in ahk only these 7 are the same key on 2 places on the keyboard, for example del on the numpad is the same as del normal.

all the other keys also have the similar "problem" only for those it does not matter they just perform the hotkey they suppose to when everything runs and that is only when a certain program runs

these 7 need to be fixed
Del
Page Up
Page Down
All 4 Arrows

could anyone point me to the right direction to remap these 7 keys or perhaps just tell me if it is even possible, i could map those functions to new keys but i like them to be on the same.

Any help is apreciated
Last edited by OCP on 26 Jul 2018, 22:45, edited 2 times in total.
CryptoGuppy

Re: Problem with 7 keys when Remapping 2 Keyboards

16 Feb 2020, 08:05

OCP wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 07:18
My problem: i use 2 keyboards and i use HIDMacros to remap bolt so i then can make different hotkeys on both in ahk.

a side effect is that some keys are there twice on the numpad so the remap of 1 also effects the other because these keys send the same commands when hidmacros is on

i have the problem on 8 keys, one (enter) i could solve by having the normal enter send a numpad enter this works because HIDMacros sees bolt the numpadenter's as just a enter and ahk does see a difference

now i have 7 keys left to do that presents a problem they all are remapped in HIDMacros and then have a hotkey assigned in ahk only these 7 are the same key on 2 places on the keyboard, for example del on the numpad is the same as del normal.

all the other keys also have the similar "problem" only for those it does not matter they just perform the hotkey they suppose to when everything runs and that is only when a certain program runs

these 7 need to be fixed
Del
Page Up
Page Down
All 4 Arrows

could anyone point me to the right direction to remap these 7 keys or perhaps just tell me if it is even possible, i could map those functions to new keys but i like them to be on the same.

Any help is apreciated
A bit late, but for anyone reading this: My workaround is to remap the keys of the second numpad to F13-F24, and have AHK react to those.

Return to “Ask For Help”