Color is found (PixelGetColor) but loop does not end Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Pepineros

Color is found (PixelGetColor) but loop does not end

16 Apr 2018, 17:50

Hi all,

Hoping to get some help with what I'm sure is a silly user error.

I'm trying to get my script to wait for a specific color to pop up in a specific place before continuing. Pretty basic stuff to auto-load and login to websites. I'm getting the colour I'm expecting, it's picked up by the script, but the loop just keeps running instead of continuing.

My code so far:

Code: Select all

f9::
	send,^t		; open new tab
	WinWait,New tab - Internet Explorer		; wait for tab to become active
	send,https://url.com{enter}		; sending URL and enter
	PixelGetColor,color,886,391		; get color from screen and store in var "color" (original I know)
	While %color% != 0xECD4C6		; while color is not equal to expected value...
	{
		MsgBox I found %color% instead		; tell me what color was found (for testing purposes)
		Sleep,1000				; wait a second
		PixelGetColor,color,886,391		; get the color again and revalidate the while expression
	}
	send,{tab 6}{enter}		; once color is found, send the tabs and enter I need to continue
return
Every time I get the control message box, it says it found color 0xECD4C6 at the coordinates, but despite this the while loop is not ending. I have tried adding alt or slow to pixelgetcolor to no avail.

I have tried the same with a loop{ if color matches, execute tabs and break; if not, recheck color } with the same result.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
gregster

Re: Color is found (PixelGetColor) but loop does not end

16 Apr 2018, 18:25

The While syntax is wrong, I think. While expects an expression.

Hence, use While (color != 0xECD4C6)
( While (color != "0xECD4C6") should also work. )
Pepineros

16 Apr 2018, 21:12

Thanks gregster, same behaviour unfortunately.

Here's the loop I tried as well, with same result, just making sure the While isn't the problem. The MsgBoxes will not be part of the final script, they're just there so I know the loop is running.

Code: Select all

f9::
	send,^t		; open new tab
	WinWait,New tab - Internet Explorer		; wait for tab to become active
	send,https://url.com{enter}		; sending URL and enter
	PixelGetColor,color,886,391
	Loop
		{
		If(%color% = 0xECD4C6)    ; also tried "0xECD4C6" to no avail
			{
			MsgBox Found %color%!
			send,{tab 6}{enter}
			Break
			}
		else
			{
			MsgBox Not yet, found %color% instead
			PixelGetColor,color,886,391
			}
		}
return
Is there another way of checking whether a web page is loaded, apart from using Sleep? In this specific case I'm waiting for a hyperlink to become available on the page, so i guess I can just fire clicks at the coordinates of that link every 100ms until it hits, but that's only marginally better than using Sleep. I would much rather understand why my while or if loops are not working when they seem to be getting the correct color from the correct pixel.
gregster

Re: Color is found (PixelGetColor) but loop does not end  Topic is solved

16 Apr 2018, 21:33

Your if syntax is wrong in the same way like your while syntax (put no %s around color in if-expression style!). In general, the COM approach works best in automating Internet Explorer: there are lots of examples on the forum - here is an (older) introduction: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/6456 ... -webpages/
Pepineros

16 Apr 2018, 22:24

You're a star! Totally missed the %s missing in your example. That did it. I knew it was a basic thing I missed...

Thank you!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”