Need help debugging AutoHotFlow v1

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
bichlepa
GitHub: bichlepa

Need help debugging AutoHotFlow v1

02 May 2018, 14:47

This appeal for help is addressed to experienced AHK user and AHK developer.

Most of the features in AutoHotFlow v1 are implemented but I am struggling with crashes. I've spent over 30 hours to find and to fix them but can't find the reasons.
I use AHK_H because it allows real multi-threading. Possibly I can't find them because there may be bugs in AHK_H itself.

Please help me to fix the crashes! I really don't want to give up this project!

Quick start:
  • Clone the GitHub project. Use the branch "AutoHotFlow-1.0".
  • Run AutoHotFlow.ahk. It will start the actual process using the AHK-H binary, which is also in the repository.
  • Try to use it. You will see that it will sometimes freeze or crash.
I've updated the document Documentation\Code documentation.odt. You may read it to get a rough idea about the used threads.
If you need more documentation, I'll write it.
If you have hints how I could find the problems on myself, I'll try it.
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.
joedf
Facebook: J0EDF
Google: +joedf
GitHub: joedf

Re: Need help debugging AutoHotFlow v1

19 May 2018, 08:47

what line does it crash on?
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500 @ 4.00 GHz, 2x8GB DDR4 2733 MHz, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB | [About Me] | [ASPDM - StdLib Distribution]
[Populate the AHK MiniCity!] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library] | [About the AHK Foundation]
bichlepa

19 May 2018, 09:11

I have no idea on why and on which line it crashes. Sometimes it just hangs up until I kill it. Sometimes I get a message from Windows that AutoHotkey has stopped working.
Most likely it has something to do with multi-threading. Something like dead lock when using critical sections or missing mutex protection when accessing shared critical objects.
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.
joedf

19 May 2018, 13:36

If you can, possible document steps to reproduce it otherwise it may be impossible to fix. You could try running it with a debugger?
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500 @ 4.00 GHz, 2x8GB DDR4 2733 MHz, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB | [About Me] | [ASPDM - StdLib Distribution]
[Populate the AHK MiniCity!] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library] | [About the AHK Foundation]
bichlepa

20 May 2018, 04:27

There is no fix point at which it crashes. It randomly occurs while using it.
The fastest way to reproduce it, is to start AutoHotFlow, enable the flow "Huge test script" and run it several times. While it runs, you may try to open an other flow for edit. At that point it often hangs up.

I did not figure out how to use a debugger yet. I already tried to download Visual Studio and the source codes of AutoHotkey_H. With some help of HokeyIt I was able to build it, but I was not able to debug it yet.
joedf

20 May 2018, 09:34

Are you using scite4ahk or AhkStudio?
bichlepa

20 May 2018, 09:40

I use scite4ahk.

Return to “Ask For Help”