Anyone know a Windows Msg to monitor for a battery device change? Also a way to query which battery is currently in use?

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
CerpinTaxt

Anyone know a Windows Msg to monitor for a battery device change? Also a way to query which battery is currently in use?

06 May 2018, 22:24

I'm building a little system monitoring program as a learning process and I'm not sure where to approach this particular problem from.

This program monitors changes and logs them to a file. One of the things I want to log is when I switch between my two batteries. So I was wondering if anybody knew how I could register an OnMessage() function for when I switch out one battery for another. Additionally, I'd like to figure out a way to determine which battery is currently in use. The two batteries are different models if that makes it easier. Something even better would be a way to monitor the current battery's capacity.

All of this would enable me to track battery usage and health between two separate batteries.

Any suggestions on where to start?
and with just one faint glance back into the sea
the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Return to “Ask For Help”