Internet Explorer and YouTube: press arrow key and page hangs

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jeeswg

Internet Explorer and YouTube: press arrow key and page hangs

17 May 2018, 21:58

- Often, if I'm watching a YouTube video on Internet Explorer, and I press the right arrow key repeatedly to skip forward, the webpage will freeze (hang), and the circular loading animation will appear repeatedly. I have to wait for the Internet Explorer notification bar to appear and click Recover before continuing.
- I was wondering (a) if other people get this problem (or can reproduce it), (b) if it can be fixed somehow, (c) if it happens, how to use AHK to perhaps close down the offending YouTube tab, without closing other tabs. The fastest fix would be to terminate iexplore.exe, however, I would prefer to avoid this. Thanks.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Nwb

Re: Internet Explorer and YouTube: press arrow key and page hangs

18 May 2018, 04:57

(a) I tried with internet explorer and it seems to be fine. I'm using Windows 10 and have decent specs.
(b) Have you tried to obtain a troubleshoot from customer support? They usually have some really good tips, since I faced no problems.
(c) ____

I still think your profile picture looks like a Smeargle with a mustache. My peripheral is amazing.
I am your average ahk newbie. Just.. a tat more cute. ;)
jeeswg

Re: Internet Explorer and YouTube: press arrow key and page hangs

18 May 2018, 13:30

Thanks for your input.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”