Keystroke on background window, active or minimized will do

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
vnylng

Keystroke on background window, active or minimized will do

01 Nov 2014, 21:41

Hi first of all I am very sorry for posting this question. I am new and I just found AutoHotkey an hour ago and tried to research the thing that I want but unluckily I cant find anything that will fit my situation. What I want to do is to create a keystroke with a minimized window, like a game app, browser, or even at microsoft words. I want to work the script even the window is active or minimized and still doing the same command.

Code: Select all

#Persistent
SetTimer, PressTheKey, 150
Return

PressTheKey:
Send, {Space}
Return

F12::Pause

This is what I actually want to work in a minimized window. It press the specified key and it has its own timer please help me. If this is possible I will add another keys to type and has their own timer. Sorry for my English. Thankyou
Leefme

Re: Keystroke on background window, active or minimized will

02 Nov 2014, 12:42

Don't be sorry for posting a question, it is one way to seek information.

If you didn't bother to do any research before posting then we would be disappointed.

When you want to access a window that may not be active, the command to use is ControlSend
(there are also other "Control..." commands)

In the case of a minimized window, some windows >ignore< keystrokes.
Some other windows ignore keystrokes if they are not active.

I fear you will be dissapointed, if you expect to use a simple script to access all of the applications you list.

In my experience, I develop a script to access a particular application.
For a different aplication a different script is written.

In theory, I could combine the different scripts into one, and use 'ahk_class' to differentiate which 'piece' to use.

Re: Keystroke on background window, active or minimized will

02 Nov 2014, 20:28

Leefme wrote:Don't be sorry for posting a question, it is one way to seek information.

If you didn't bother to do any research before posting then we would be disappointed.

When you want to access a window that may not be active, the command to use is ControlSend
(there are also other "Control..." commands)

In the case of a minimized window, some windows >ignore< keystrokes.
Some other windows ignore keystrokes if they are not active.

I fear you will be dissapointed, if you expect to use a simple script to access all of the applications you list.

In my experience, I develop a script to access a particular application.
For a different aplication a different script is written.

In theory, I could combine the different scripts into one, and use 'ahk_class' to differentiate which 'piece' to use.

Thanyou for your effort. Yesterday I was able to understand on how to use the ControlSend to my code. But there's still problem and I think that ControlSend is really tricky like others said please take a look at this http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/9 ... d-problem/ we have the same problem now. Please help me if you have knowledge about it. Thanks!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”