BlockInput, MouseMove Not working

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Selmafudd

BlockInput, MouseMove Not working

13 Aug 2018, 06:35

The below code has stopped working, the mouse click still works but it no longer blocks mouse movement. It's used with Minecraft and while the Minecraft window is active the mouse can still be used, when the Minecraft window is inactive the mouse movement is blocked. I've run as admin but that doen't help. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Code: Select all

F2::
  alt := not alt
  If (alt)
  {
    MouseClick Right, , , , , D
    BlockInput, MouseMove
  }
  Else
  {
    MouseClick Right, , , , , U
    BlockInput, MouseMoveOff
  }
Return 
Ezriilc

Re: BlockInput, MouseMove Not working

20 Feb 2019, 15:10

Hey, @Selmafudd. I'm having this same issue in a very similar script for use in Minecraft.

BlockInput, MouseMove is not working in Minecraft, but does everywhere else. This used to work sometime before @Selmafudd started this thread.

Did anyone ever learn why and/or how to fix this? My next step is to attempt to counteract any mouse movement by detecting it and then moving it back by the same amount.

I attempted to post my script here in a code box, but CloudFlare blocked it.
I support: AutoHotkey | PCs & Mobile | Networking, Inet/Web & Software Development | Games | Life, The Universe & Everything.

Behold the awesome that is my more-beard! :morebeard: <-- That's me!
Ezriilc

17 Apr 2019, 14:50

I just received a notification that @thenomad posted a reply to this topic, but the link in the notification leads to a "topic doesn't exist" error, and I cannot see any new reply here.
EDIT: All my notifications link to that error page.

The URL in the dead link is: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=273163#p273163

Am I missing something? Is the forum just broken?
I support: AutoHotkey | PCs & Mobile | Networking, Inet/Web & Software Development | Games | Life, The Universe & Everything.

gregster

17 Apr 2019, 15:16

There was a post, but thenomad deleted his/her post later for the reason "found my problem". You came too late ;) (I actually read the post and didn't understand the problem.)
In such a case, the forum notification doesn't get removed, afaik (an email notification can't be cancelled anyway). But it doesn't happen that often...
Ezriilc

17 Apr 2019, 15:27

Thanks for clearing that up. Since it's happened several times, I thought it was a glitch. However, the error page incorrectly stated that the topic doesn't exist. Not a biggie, I suppose.
EDIT: Sorry for going off-topic! :oops:

@thenomad, I would very much like to hear what your issue was and how you fixed it or got around it. I've searched and searched and never found any solution - yet. Thanks in advance! :)

thenomad

26 Apr 2019, 10:03

@Ezriilc
My understanding of

Code: Select all

BlockInput, MouseMoveOff
was totally opposite. I thought the "off" suffix turned it on and without the suffix turned it off. When I was testing all possible combinatopns, I stumbled upon the the solution.
Ezriilc

26 Apr 2019, 10:37

Aha. Yea, that is a little ... redundant and/or counter intuitive. ;)

Sadly, I don't seem to have a way around it. BlockInput, MouseMoveOff simply doesn't work in the Java version of Minecraft.

thenomad

26 Apr 2019, 10:44

when you say java, all logic goes out the window unfortunately. Not a java programmer myself but had to deal with a lot of java developer crap as a unix sysadmin in my days.
Ezriilc

26 Apr 2019, 10:50

Meh. I'm not blaming this on Java. In fact, me being a PHP nut, I have a warm spot in my heart for nearly any scripted programming language.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mojang/Microsoft purposely did this to prevent scripting anything in the game. And blaming Microsuck is easy, so that's my story. lol

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”