Screen Clipping Script is not extracting words/letters from images and showing error? Please Help?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Sabestian Caine

Screen Clipping Script is not extracting words/letters from images and showing error? Please Help?

18 Dec 2018, 13:04

I downloaded Screen clip script from here-(this site link is this- http://the-automator.com/?s=ocr)

When I drag the mouse pointer holding down window key then it crops the specific area successfully but when I press ^t (ctrl + t) to extract the letters/words from specific image then it produce this error-

Every time when I try to extract words from image then it shows this error. I think its “perform OCR on Image” is not working. Please look-

Please help me. Thanks a lot..
I don't normally code as I don't code normally.
Joe Glines

Re: Screen Clipping Script is not extracting words/letters from images and showing error? Please Help?

19 Dec 2018, 09:12

Sorry, I wish I had time to help but this would be pretty tough to track down and I don't have the time right now. The only issue that I'm aware of / have run into is what is the "bitness" of windows your running as well as what is the bittness of AutoHotkey.

sorry...
Joe
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
Sabestian Caine

Re: Screen Clipping Script is not extracting words/letters from images and showing error? Please Help?

20 Dec 2018, 09:43

Joe Glines wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 09:12
Sorry, I wish I had time to help but this would be pretty tough to track down and I don't have the time right now. The only issue that I'm aware of / have run into is what is the "bitness" of windows your running as well as what is the bittness of AutoHotkey.

sorry...
Joe
Thank you so much dear Joe Glines for your kind response and support.. :D

I am trying to solve this problem by watching your webinars, which i think is the best thing to learn AHK, on YouTube...

Thanks a lot Joe sir... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Joe Glines

20 Dec 2018, 10:01

In this webinar http://the-automator.com/autohotkey-web ... -programs/ Jackie showed how to to use Tesseract. That's where I got the idea (and code) to incorporate into my screen clipping script.

AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
Joe Glines

20 Dec 2018, 20:07

Well Jackie went through and pruned out a lot of what wasn't required but he is definitely free to choose...

YouTube

Sabestian Caine

22 Dec 2018, 01:41

Joe Glines wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 20:07
Well Jackie went through and pruned out a lot of what wasn't required but he is definitely free to choose...
Thanks a lot dear Joe Glines...

I am quite close to solve this problem....

Your webinar on various ways to extract text with Jackie (http://the-automator.com/autohotkey-web ... -programs/ ), really helped me a lot....

Thanks a you so much sir...
Joe Glines

22 Dec 2018, 07:36

Please be sure to publish your fix! :)

YouTube

Sabestian Caine

22 Dec 2018, 11:15

Joe Glines wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 07:36
Please be sure to publish your fix! :)

Dear Joe Glines, I have cracked it !!!! :superhappy:

Sir, I did not do much to fix it. I only downloaded Vis2-2017-08.zip from https://github.com/iseahound/Vis2/releases and updated tesseract.exe in your Screen Clipping with OCR folder and it got fixed. I faced a couple of minor problems which i fixed manually, like when i select specific area and press ^t, it was showing error "Input image for conversion not found." So I have to first save the image by pressing ^s and then i press ^t, then it successfully does OCR and saves the text into clipboard. Anyway, I am quite thankful to you dear Joe, for your support and encouragement.

(Moreover i watched your video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9YdMh6h7NM&t=47s which is awesome)

Thanks a lot sir.. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Joe Glines

23 Dec 2018, 16:45

After you use the screen clipping tool, you need to click on the image(screen clip) , then hit control T. That might prevent you from having to save it first.

Glad you got it working!
JOe

YouTube

Sabestian Caine

28 Dec 2018, 12:54

Joe Glines wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 16:45
After you use the screen clipping tool, you need to click on the image(screen clip) , then hit control T. That might prevent you from having to save it first.

Glad you got it working!
JOe
Thanks a lot dear Joe Glines..

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”