Disabling the Win key without disabling other hotkeys Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
panhartstuff

Disabling the Win key without disabling other hotkeys

01 Jan 2019, 14:21

I want to disable the Win key, but I also have several Win+* hotkeys. Is there a way to disable it without having all the other hotkeys to stop working?
I tried the below, but it disables not only the Win key, but also my other hotkeys.

Code: Select all

LWin::
Return
RWin::
Return
This code also have the same effect as the above:

LWin Up::
Return
RWin Up::
Return
I also tried this:

~LWin Up::
Return
~RWin Up::
Return
People claimed that it worked on Win 7, but I couldn't get it to work on my Win 10. It still triggers the menu.

Any help will be appreciated!
vsub

Re: Disabling the Win key without disabling other hotkeys

01 Jan 2019, 14:57

This works(win10)but there is something weird about it(maybe some hidden feature I don't know about)
In the mouse settings I have the option enabled to show where the mouse is but that happens when you press Ctrl not the window key

$LWin::
Keywait,Lwin,T0.5
If ErrorLevel = 1
{
Send,{LWin Down}
Keywait,Lwin
Send,{LWin Up}
}
Return
The code is waiting for you 0.5 seconds to release the key.
Waiting longer that 0.5 seconds will send the win key so you can do a key combination and the good part of this is that sending the win key like this will not bring the start menu,instead it will execute that weird mouse location function

$ infront of a hotkey is used to prevent the code to be executed again by sending the same key
panhartstuff

01 Jan 2019, 17:23

Thanks, but it doesn't really work very consistently. I usually tap my shortcuts really fast, so 0.5 is usually too slow. After some testing, it seems that I tap my shortcuts at the average of 0.06 seconds. But if I set the timeout to that length, it'd be just as fast as how I'd accidentally tap the Win key, rendering the script useless. Is there a more cohesive solution to this?
panhartstuff

01 Jan 2019, 21:32

Damn nice, didn't know about that at all! Thanks for the help, it works perfectly!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”