Debugging Web App That Uses Websockets, Loaded By Gui Component

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Llaw

Debugging Web App That Uses Websockets, Loaded By Gui Component

27 Jan 2019, 06:57

Hi!

I've come across a problem that I am not really sure how to solve.

I have a web app that uses React for rendering the front end, and Socket.io for communicating with my back end websocket server.

The web app works perfectly fine in all browsers that I try it with, but when I try to load the web app using AHK, and loading it into a Gui component, the page loads but never updates (as it is supposed to do whenever a websocket event is received).

Does anyone have any theories on what could be wrong, or how I could debug it? The version of IE that the AHK uses appears to be old, and does not have any dev tools that I can use.

All data is transmitted using HTTPS.
Masonjar13

Re: Debugging Web App That Uses Websockets, Loaded By Gui Component

27 Jan 2019, 20:57

AHK doesn't have IE, it simply uses what is installed on the computer. Your best bet would be to setup a RESTful (or similar) API, and use WinHttpRequest, using a completely client-side UI.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
Llaw

01 Feb 2019, 13:50

Masonjar13 wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 20:57
AHK doesn't have IE, it simply uses what is installed on the computer. Your best bet would be to setup a RESTful (or similar) API, and use WinHttpRequest, using a completely client-side UI.
When I run the AHK script it uses the IE I have installed, even though I have Chrome as default.

Either way, no theory as to why it seems like no WebSocket traffic gets through to the browser window opened by the AHK script?

It's supposed to refresh the content in the browser window (Gui) when the event comes in, but when I trigger the event, nothing happens. Like I said originally, everything works when I open it in every mainstream browser... It's just the AHK window that is non-responsive.
kczx3

01 Feb 2019, 21:50

Provide your ahk code as well as your skeleton html. Additionally, if you are on Windows 10, you can install a tool called F12Chooser to attach the Edge browser debuggger to the activeX control within AHK

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”