Text Replacment not Working in Chrome

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
-ASHERH4X-

Text Replacment not Working in Chrome

15 Feb 2019, 23:42

Hello,

I've searched Google and the forums and cannot find the answer, so I'm asking for some help.

I have a string of text that I want to be replace with something else when typed, as shown below. It works in all other applications except for Google Chrome. I've tried other versions of Chrome with no luck, but it works with all other programs. I have tried new scripts and running the script as an Administrator. Note: it does work in Chrome for a few minutes after the script has loaded, then it fails to work after that.

Code: Select all

:*:oyu::you
Thank you.
AHKStudent

Re: Text Replacment not Working in Chrome

16 Feb 2019, 06:01

what else does your script do? What area in chrome are you typing this into?
Tigerlily

Re: Text Replacment not Working in Chrome

17 Feb 2019, 00:17

-ASHERH4X- wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 23:42
It works in all other applications except for Google Chrome....

Code: Select all

:*:oyu::you
Hi ASHERH4X,

I've had some similar issues when working in Chrome, specifically when copying/pasting data from Google Search Console input fields and in the URL Address Bar up top.

I think there is some sort of anti-spam function inside of Chrome for specific things, often times if I keep spamming my hotkey/hotstring a few more, it overrides this, but not always.

Sometimes I can't copy/paste some data from an Excel cell directly into the Chrome browser address bar with a AHK hotkey, but if I just copy/paste it manually then it does work.

I'd suggest posting more of your code so we can help you better.
-TL

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”