Script Failing to Run Via Task Scheduler

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
MaxAstro

Script Failing to Run Via Task Scheduler

04 Mar 2019, 10:45

I'm trying to set up a simple script that refreshes a browser window every hour automatically. The script itself is straightfoward and works fine:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv                       	; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn                      	; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
#SingleInstance force			; Automatically update the script if it is run while already running.
SendMode Input               	; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% 	; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetFormat, FloatFast, 0.2		; Round decimals to two digits
CoordMode, Mouse, Window		; Sets click commands to be relative to the current window
#LTrim							; Continuation sections ignore indentation (if you don't know what this means, don't touch it)

; Gets the control ID of Google Chrome
ControlGet, controlID, Hwnd,,Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND1, ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1

; Focuses on Chrome without breaking focus on what you're doing
ControlFocus,,ahk_id %controlID%

; Refreshes Chrome
ControlSend, Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND1, ^r, ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1

ExitApp
(I know, I have some settings at the top that don't need to be there, just my default "new script" stuff that I didn't bother to delete)

However, when I compile the script and try to run it via Task Scheduler, no matter what settings I use it refuses to run. Task Scheduler says "Running" (but never actually runs the script) and just... sits there.

If I manually double-click the script it works fine, though.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”