Check if TV has input set to PC

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
suejohnson

Check if TV has input set to PC

04 Apr 2019, 22:05

Hi!

I'm using my PC as HTPC. It's connected only to a TV with HDMI. Don't know if it's possible but I would like the script to run only if the TV's input is set to PC. Im creating my own FLIRC on arduino and I don't want my PC to react to button presses from TV's remote when using my TV as, well, TV ;). Any ideas?
Quick Reply
Kobaltauge

Re: Check if TV has input set to PC

04 Apr 2019, 23:39

You are talking about TV, TV Remote and Arduino. AHK runs only on Windows.
Am I missing something?

:headwall: Sorry for that stupid question. Probably it was to early in the morning.
Last edited by Kobaltauge on 05 Apr 2019, 01:39, edited 2 times in total.
CloakerSmoker

05 Apr 2019, 00:47

I've got some functions in the works that might help you, just include this (https://p.ahkscript.org/?p=276df86e) and try

Code: Select all

MsgBox, % GetMonitorCurrentInputSource()
If it doesn't throw an error, your monitor supports the API it uses behind the scenes and you should be able to set up some logic that checks if the input source is the one your PC uses.
If it does throw an error, then your monitor probably doesn't support the API, in which case I'm sorry about wasting your time.

Assuming it didn't error, the functions should work even while the input source is not your PC, I can even turn one of my monitors on by using some of the functions in that link.

If it did error, best of luck to you with figuring something else out
wodzborsuk

21 Jan 2020, 18:13

I have the same problem and was hoping to try this:
CloakerSmoker wrote: I've got some functions in the works that might help you, just include this (https p.ahkscript.org /?p=276df86e) Broken Link for safety and try
Unfortunately whatever was behind that link is gone now. Any chance someone found a solution?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”