USB barcode scanner

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
creative

USB barcode scanner

18 Apr 2019, 01:46

Hi Folks.

Very new to AHK ( as in, just started looking at it :lol: ) and I have, to a beginner, an ambitious task regarding a generic barcode scanner and a web based Key tracking system for real estate.

Had a browse for something similar and found one or two posts that I struggled to understand. lol

What I am looking for is to be able to scan a barcode of a specific key, have it open the webpage then enter that barcode once the page is open in the specified field. I have it set on a key combo already so we can manually open the webpage ( ^` ). click on the field where the new number is typed and scan the key. Once that is done we use other barcodes to set borrowers and return dates etc.

The key barcodes start with a prefix of TM or XM followed by 5 numbers at this time and may be expanded out to things like TR and XR to cover multiple sets of keys.

Im trying to make this as simple as possible for a realestate agent to use.... so grab barcode scanner, scan key. webpage opens inserts key number and goes to next stage. we then scan in dates, borrower etc in order. if it could also recognise if the browser is already open and it just opens another tab/refreshes the existing tab, that would be great! The pc used for this wont be used for anything else.

Having only worked out the basics of setting hotkeys to open web pages this is a little beyond me right now and a bit of guidence would help massively!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”