Gui is building up quite slow. Why ?? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
WalkerOfTheDay

Gui is building up quite slow. Why ??

11 Jun 2019, 06:14

Hi guys,

Could someone please have a look at below gui ?
For some reason it takes quite a while for it to show, sometimes up to 5 seconds.

Does it have anything to do with the loops ?

Code:
Spoiler
ListLines
Spoiler
EmmittRon

Re: Gui is building up quite slow. Why ??

11 Jun 2019, 06:28

Is it supposed to show much faster? I thought 5 seconds was quite normal.
swagfag

Re: Gui is building up quite slow. Why ??  Topic is solved

11 Jun 2019, 06:50

hmm i suppose it just takes that long. i hadnt yet tried to add this many DDLs and whatnot at once. u could probably speed it up some if u were to SetBatchLines -1, though likely not by all that much

whats the issue with it taking long though? are u destroying and remaking the gui all the time? if u are, stop. a gui is made once at startup and only hid/unhid afterwards
garry

11 Jun 2019, 07:14

my slow computer needs 2 seconds ( which is not so slow for me )
WalkerOfTheDay

11 Jun 2019, 09:10

EmmittRon wrote: Is it supposed to show much faster? I thought 5 seconds was quite normal.
Well, I wrote quite a view Gui's in the past that are nearly instant.
So I didn't understand why this takes (so) long(er).
swagfag wrote: hmm i suppose it just takes that long. i hadnt yet tried to add this many DDLs and whatnot at once. u could probably speed it up some if u were to SetBatchLines -1, though likely not by all that much

whats the issue with it taking long though? are u destroying and remaking the gui all the time? if u are, stop. a gui is made once at startup and only hid/unhid afterwards
You're probably right. There indeed are a lot's of DDL's and such. This must be the 'issue'.
I added SetBatchLines -1, but I don't notice much difference. Thanks for the suggestion though :thumbup:

What I was doing, is reloading the script everytime I pressed the Reload button on the gui.
I now changed it by clearing the variables / values by using GuiControl, , PickID%Nr%, etc.

At startup, I now show a splash screen with the text: Please wait program is starting

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”