Directive if question (#IF) Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
frd

Directive if question (#IF)

20 Jun 2019, 15:14

Hello there! I have two interfaces to deal with: one for each language. I tried to do the following:

Code: Select all

language = 1

#if (language = 1)
a::b

#if (language = 2)
a::c
And it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Also, is this the ideal approach to this problem? Thanks in advance!
Hellbent

Re: Directive if question (#IF)  Topic is solved

20 Jun 2019, 15:22

Seems to work for me.

Code: Select all

#SingleInstance,Force

language := 1

Numpad1::   ;< swap
	language := (language=1)?(2):(1)
	return

#if (language = 1)
a::b

#if (language = 2)
a::c

#if

Esc::ExitApp

Do you have other code not shown?
frd

Re: Directive if question (#IF)

20 Jun 2019, 16:16

Yes I do have code not shown. But there are no directives before that one, only two functions and a few hotkeys. I tried again and put the [variable := 1] in the very beginning of the code and now it´s working! So this is a solved issue now. Thanks for helping me out. Also, Ive been learning a lot with your tutorials, youve helped me a lot already :D :D :D

When I tried to assign a value to the variable exactly before the #if directive, it didnt work. Maybe some conflict that I can´t understand now. Again, thanks for taking your time to help!!! =D
Hellbent

20 Jun 2019, 16:56

frd wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 16:16
I tried again and put the [variable := 1] in the very beginning of the code and now it´s working! So this is a solved issue now.
Hi frd.
Have a read through this. It should clear up what was happening.

The Top of the Script (the Auto-execute Section)

***Edit***
Ok I just had a quick read through of the section I just posted and it doesn't really explain what I said it will explain lol.

The short of it is that after the auto-execute section. only code contained in labels, functions, hotkeys, hotstrings, etc will ever have a chance to get ran.
So if your [Var :=1] was sitting all alone in your code after the auto-execute section, it would never get any love.
frd

20 Jun 2019, 20:41

This is world-class help. Now I can fully understand why it didnt work! Yes, my variable was in the middle of the script... Getting no love haha thanks again!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”