tl;dr: the AHK installer is unpredictable re. the .ahk association
- I've had a problem where I've installed a version of AutoHotkey Basic, in order to obtain the .chm file (documentation file), then reinstalled the latest version of AutoHotkey:
- .ahk files are no longer associated with AutoHotkey, they have no association.
- If I then try to run a .ahk file, and select 'C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe' via the 'Open with' dialog, I have a problem that scripts never receive any command-line arguments.
- If I uninstall then reinstall the latest version of AutoHotkey, this fixes the problem.
- So, the AHK installer automatically creates the .ahk file extension association with AutoHotkey.exe. But it fails sometimes. Why is this?
- (Perhaps there should be a checkbox for associating .ahk files with AutoHotkey.exe, however, there isn't enough room for another option on the installer dialog, so maybe not.)
Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], TAC109 and 255 guests