Captcha problem in Chrome

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Newer2AHK

Captcha problem in Chrome

28 Jul 2020, 20:15

I was previously developing an AHK script for use in Firefox, but switched to Chrome in order to use Chrome.ahk.

In Firefox, in the Captcha box, I could usually just check "I'm not a robot" and get through. If I got a challenge, it would only take one or two correct answers to get through. Since switching to Chrome, I'm being challenged every time, and it takes ten or more correct answers before it let's me in. After getting through a couple of times in a sequence of tests, I'm getting blocked with
Try again later
Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page
, which never happened in Firefox.

The script is still in development, so I'm not running anything in volume yet.

Is there any reason that Captcha would be challenging and blocking me in Chrome when it didn't in Firefox? Would this be solved by using a proxy service? If so, is there any guidance available for choosing and using a proxy service with AHK? In particular, how do I implement it in a script? There's a bewildering amount of information out there on proxies, including sample code for PHP, Javascript, Python, etc., but I haven't found anything helpful specific to AHK.
Last edited by Newer2AHK on 29 Jul 2020, 07:08, edited 1 time in total.
malcev

Re: Captcha problem in Chrome

28 Jul 2020, 21:17

What is the site and Your code?
Newer2AHK

29 Jul 2020, 03:17

The script is a couple hundred lines in four files and is not specific to a single site, so I did some experimentation in order to answer your question. I found that the problem exists outside of AHK, when the site is not being accessed via any script, but just manually. I tested the following three pages that have reCaptcha forms: On all three pages, I did not type anything in the contacts forms, but just clicked the "I'm not a robot" checkbox. I did that in Firefox and then I did it in Chrome, with the following results:
  • In Firefox, all three pages did not challenge me, but immediately put a checkmark in the box.
  • In Chrome, all three pages challenged me between four and seven times before giving me the checkmark.
Since this is happening outside of AHK, this is not a pure AHK issue anymore. But it is making development of my Chrome.ahk script very difficult, so I hope you or someone here can share some insight on what's going on.
AHKStudent

29 Jul 2020, 04:26

Newer2AHK wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 03:17
The script is a couple hundred lines in four files and is not specific to a single site, so I did some experimentation in order to answer your question. I found that the problem exists outside of AHK, when the site is not being accessed via any script, but just manually. I tested the following three pages that have reCaptcha forms: On all three pages, I did not type anything in the contacts forms, but just clicked the "I'm not a robot" checkbox. I did that in Firefox and then I did it in Chrome, with the following results:
  • In Firefox, all three pages did not challenge me, but immediately put a checkmark in the box.
  • In Chrome, all three pages challenged me between four and seven times before giving me the checkmark.
Since this is happening outside of AHK, this is not a pure AHK issue anymore. But it is making development of my Chrome.ahk script very difficult, so I hope you or someone here can share some insight on what's going on.
I went to this one my regular internet https://www.capitalxtra.com/contact/ and it gave me that box asking me to click on images of a plane

Wonder how the bots break this, or maybe they dont
malcev

29 Jul 2020, 04:43

You have to use online captcha solvers API or break captcha by Yourself.
gregster

29 Jul 2020, 07:32

There are usually good reasons to secure contact forms against automated messages (which is rarely something else than spam) - that's why I think that discussing how to break these captchas would - and should - be against our forum rules and spirit.
This doesn't solely apply to contact forms, of course, but generally. If you think that your usage of a specific website is totally okay and shouldn't be slowed down by captchas, then you should contact the website owner, and see what they have to say about it. Anyway, many websites that are meant for automated interaction offer WebAPIs or Websocket interfaces (paid and/or free)... consider using one of these, if possible.

After all, we have had our share of spam ourselves on these forums, and we could only limit that by heavily increasing anti-spam measures. I would definitely see it as an unfriendly act, if another forum or website would discuss how to circumvent these.

For the reasons above, I will close this topic now.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”