Help with Opening the about: links used specifically for Firefox from File explorer?

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
Netmano

Help with Opening the about: links used specifically for Firefox from File explorer?

14 Aug 2020, 12:13

Help with opening the about: links used specifically for Firefox. More info https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox/The_about_protocol

I am trying to open them from File explorer. I tried dragging about:addons
URL from Firefox Adrress bar to Explorer. when I double click to open them, old Internet explorer opens with an error, even though Firefox is my defauly browser.

How do I Save these about:addons links correctly so I can open then in Firefox via File explorer?

I plan on integrating them Autohotkey. The below exmple is where I am stuck. Thanks

Code: Select all

a:: 
Run, C:\Users\....\Documents\Add-ons Manager.URL 
Return
gregster

Re: Help with Opening the about: links used specifically for Firefox from File explorer?

14 Aug 2020, 12:28

Here, this opens the about:addons page in Firefox:

run firefox.exe about:addons
A_AhkUser
GitHub: AAhkUser

Re: Help with Opening the about: links used specifically for Firefox from File explorer?

14 Aug 2020, 13:53

HI Netmano, Hi gregster :wave: ,

As already pointed out, a specific option can be used to specify one or more startup urls when running Firefox from the command line.
On another note, FileCreateShortcut allows you to programmatically create shortcut (.lnk) files:

ff := "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
FileCreateShortcut, % ff, % A_Desktop . "\about_addons.lnk",, -url about:addons, Gestionnaire de modules complémentaires, % ff,, 1

A_AhkUser
my scripts

Return to “Ask For Help”