Mouse move randomly when script is not running

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
Ktenologic

Mouse move randomly when script is not running

27 Aug 2020, 13:35

I made a script at work with a series of mouse move and clicks as well as some keystrokes. I was using the compiler because I did not have administrative access. I first tested a simple script with just mouse move to 0, 0 and click to see if it had worked. I've since then removed all traces of the program from the file explorer but every few seconds it will move and click on it's own. Now my job is very difficult because it clicks out of what ever I'm doing every few seconds PLEASE HELP. Keep in mind I don't have administrative access, am I screwed?
boiler

Re: Mouse move randomly when script is not running

27 Aug 2020, 17:39

Right-click on the script's icon in your system tray (default location it the right side of your taskbar) and select "Exit". If some of your system tray icons are not visible, click on the up-arrow icon to view the hidden icons.

Worst case, restart your computer.

FYI - This is not a bug, so your thread belongs in "Ask For Help", not "Bug Reports".
BoBo

28 Aug 2020, 04:06

@Ktenologic Next time you're thinking about starting a script that involves mouse moves/unbreakable Loops etc., ensure you have an exit strategy already in place. That said, setting a Hotkey like !x::ExitApp ;pressing ALt+x will stop the script within your script helps.

As boiler has already told you, shutting down/restarting your box is your last resort OR the good old 'Ctrl+Alt+Delete' keyboard combo to kill your scripts process using the Windows task manager.

Btw, NOT having (even local) admin right means often that you have to specifically request whatever access, means doing whatever changes to your system. That could include (and that's up to your employers IT policy) installing/using non-approved software like AHK. I wouldn't start messing around with that sort of restrictions if you're interested in keeping that job. If you have a valid reason for using AHK within that environment get in touch with your IT and get AHK approved before doing anything you might regret in the long run. Thx for listening and good luck :)
Ktenologic

28 Aug 2020, 13:32

My point is that the script is not running, ive checked the task manager for any traces, none present, and completely removed any scripts from the computer whatsoever, also have tried restarting. When i made the initial test program it was to see if the system would flag unsigned programs from running, which it did not. Its very weird because it fires itself off still, the initial-

mousemove, 0, 0
Click
gregster

28 Aug 2020, 14:58

Ktenologic wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 13:32
My point is that the script is not running, ive checked the task manager for any traces, none present, and completely removed any scripts from the computer whatsoever, also have tried restarting.
If you have done all that, there is no way the script is still running/in memory.
There might something else going on, on your computer - unrelated from AHK.
gwarble

28 Aug 2020, 15:21

you mentioned you made sure that your compiled script wasn't running, but check if "AutoHotkey.exe" is also running by chance and if so, end it

nevermind, if you restarted and its still doing it then I agree it must be some other software or hardware
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

Return to “Ask For Help”