Loop through Excel list (with hyperlinks)

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
phrank

Loop through Excel list (with hyperlinks)

21 Sep 2020, 17:19

Hello. Newbie here with AHK. I know VBA, so I'm not a complete novice with code, but I'm struggling finding the right fit for what I need to do.

I've already got an AHK script that does what I want it to in TrackWise for single records, but I sometimes have 40, 50, 100 records. Instead of executing my AHK script one at a time, I'd love to add code that would move the mouse down x number of pixels and select the next record and perform the same steps. I could also do this in Excel with a list or records that have a hyperlink to each record in TrackWise. I've attached the simple script I'm now using. I appreciate any thoughts and advice. Thank you.

Frank
Attachments
zCanxVMSR.ahk
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
mikeyww

Re: Loop through Excel list (with hyperlinks)

21 Sep 2020, 19:08

I don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish, but judging from the script, it looks like you could probably turn this into a loop, either using an array for unpatterned coordinates, or a mathematical formula for patterned ones. Note that Click can be performed without coordinates if needed, and that MouseMove can specify relative rather than absolute coordinates if needed. This might help you get to where you are going with the script.
Datapoint

21 Sep 2020, 21:21

Since you already know VBA, it should be relatively easy for you to use COM. It will be much more reliable that sending mouse clicks.

This example, for starters:
Basic Ahk_L COM Tutorial for Excel
phrank

22 Sep 2020, 06:18

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will take a look.

Return to “Ask For Help”