Wanna see instant long text on AHK like Hot Keyboard and question about dedicated macro key with AHK..

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
Enterprise24

Wanna see instant long text on AHK like Hot Keyboard and question about dedicated macro key with AHK..

13 Oct 2020, 23:44

Hi , new user here. I am working as vendor support agent and need 100+ chat / email macros. I use Intercom as chat program and Salesforce for email. However there is so many limitation at my workplace.
First I can't create macro on Intercom itself due to restriction. Second I can't install any .exe programs due to I don't have admin user and password except the one that come from Microsoft store. Third I can't convince IT support to allow me to install programs.
I have Logitech G913 (it is G915 rename for selling in some country). I can't install Logitech G-Hub at my office. I tried hot keyboard at home and it work wonderfully. A very long texts can come out instantly after I press key.
Here is the program that I refer to. https://www.hot-keyboard.com/ [Mod edit: Link fixed.]

Then I found autohotkey on Microsoft store and try to create simple macro. However a long texts need 10 seconds (F2 in below example) to come out and that make Intercom not responsive until all text appear. It is probably not suitable for me since I have to answer many vendors at once.

Here is an example of my macro.

Code: Select all

F1:: 
SetKeyDelay, -1
Send, Some long texts.
return

F2::
SetKeyDelay, -1
Send, 1.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Send, 2.bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Send, 3.ccccccccccccccccccccc
Send, 4.ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Send, 5.eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Send, 6.ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Send, 7.ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Send, 8.hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Send, 9.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Send, 10.jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
return
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]

Can someone here enlighten me how can I get instant text or at least make it appear faster ?

PS. All staff at my project have to copy macro template from Google Keep or Google Docs then paste in Intercom / Salesforce. Very slow and inefficient in my opinion.

Another question since my G913 have 5 dedicated macro keys (G1-G5) and 3 modes (M1-M3 so overall 15 keys) how to utilize that keys with AHK ?

Thanks in advance.
Xtra

Re: Wanna see instant long text on AHK like Hot Keyboard and question about dedicated macro key with AHK..

14 Oct 2020, 00:17

Example:

myText =
(
SetKeyDelay, -1
1.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
2.bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
3.ccccccccccccccccccccc
4.ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
5.eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
6.ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
7.ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
8.hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
9.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
10.jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
)

F2::
    Clipboard := ""    ; Clear clipboard so ClipWait works properly
    Clipboard := myText
    ClipWait, 1
    Send, {Ctrl Down}v{Ctrl Up}
return
Keyboard macro button could be programmed to be the same as the F2 key but its worthless as you need another program to set that up.
BoBo

Re: Wanna see instant long text on AHK like Hot Keyboard and question about dedicated macro key with AHK..

14 Oct 2020, 00:41

Second I can't install any .exe programs
Well, the simple usage of a non-company compliant software, even without having used an installation/setup routine, might be considered as a breach of a company policy. You’ve to go 'open source', means, create your script and show it (uncompiled) in action to your boss(es boss). He’ll be amazed to increase efficiency, so let him /her fight for your right to party! Good luck 8-)
Enterprise24

15 Oct 2020, 01:46

Thanks. Now I find all of my macro key via Keyboard Hook Method.
G1 to G5 (M1) = 70 03B // 71 03C // 72 03D // 73 03E // 74 03F are actually the same keys as F1-F5
G1 to G5 (M2) = 31 002 // 32 003 // 33 004 // 34 005 // 35 006 are 1-5
G1 to G5 (M3) = 36 007 // 37 008 // 38 009 // 39 00A // 30 00B are 6-0.

Since I already have texts assigned to F1-F12 , Pressing G1 to G5 (M1) will overwrite my F1-F5 macros. Also I can't press 1 , 2 , 3 .... , 0 (All numbers below F1-F8) due to those keys will activate G1 to G5 (M2 and M3).
This is Thai/EN keyboard and I need Thai alphabets on 1 to 0 keys.

How to differentiate those dedicated macro keys vs F1 to F5 and 1-0 ?

example of F1 and G1 (M1)

F1:: 
SetKeyDelay, -1
Send, Hello. Thank you for choosing our brand blah blah blah
Send ^{enter}
Send, May I have your name please.
Send ^{enter}
return

Vk70::
SetKeyDelay, -1
Send, Are we still connected ?
Send ^{enter} 
return

SC03B::
SetKeyDelay, -1
Send, Are we still connected ?
Send ^{enter} 
return
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]
Chunjee
GitHub: Chunjee

15 Oct 2020, 10:49

Enterprise24 wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 23:44
Can someone here enlighten me how can I get instant text or at least make it appear faster ?
you can put the text on the clipboard and paste it.

I prefer Send, {Ctrl Down}p{Ctrl Up} personally for reliability.

Return to “Ask For Help”