No popup / prompt if image not found using ImageSearch/Findclick?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
milkygirl90

No popup / prompt if image not found using ImageSearch/Findclick?

09 Apr 2021, 21:22

as above - how do I make the entire script "silent" if I have many imagesearch/findclick mini scripts within 1 master script?
mikeyww

Re: No popup / prompt if image not found using ImageSearch/Findclick?

09 Apr 2021, 22:17

Aside from error messages, AHK doesn't generate popup messages unless you issue commands to do so.
boiler

09 Apr 2021, 23:58

If you're getting error messages popping up when using FindClick, then you're not just getting an error indicating that it can't find the image on the screen. It's telling you something is wrong that you need to fix, like it can't find your image file. You can add the Silent option to your list of options, but I don't recommend that. You need to fix whatever is causing those messages or else it will never be able to find the images even when they do appear on the screen.
milkygirl90

10 Apr 2021, 00:38

boiler wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 23:58
If you're getting error messages popping up when using FindClick, then you're not just getting an error indicating that it can't find the image on the screen. It's telling you something is wrong that you need to fix, like it can't find your image file. You can add the Silent option to your list of options, but I don't recommend that. You need to fix whatever is causing those messages or else it will never be able to find the images even when they do appear on the screen.
correct - I just want to silence it when it can't find my images. the scenario is that I have multiple desktops and on 1 of them, I am not meant to trigger some of the hotkeys but sometimes accidentally do it. I still want my master script to continue running, but just ignore it Universally when it cannot find my image. I can't apply the silent option universally and it must be line by line right?
boiler

10 Apr 2021, 05:20

You could just put the image files on those desktops so no error message would be generated. Because unlike what you said in the subject of the thread that you’re getting prompts if the image is not found, it’s not producing errors because it can’t find the image on the screen. It’s some fundamental problem that prevents it from even being able to perform a search — most likely that it can’t locate the image file you’ve specified on the drive.

Another approach would be to modify the FindClick script to remove or skip the lines that create the prompt.
milkygirl90

11 Apr 2021, 01:25

boiler wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 05:20
You could just put the image files on those desktops so no error message would be generated. Because unlike what you said in the subject of the thread that you’re getting prompts if the image is not found, it’s not producing errors because it can’t find the image on the screen. It’s some fundamental problem that prevents it from even being able to perform a search — most likely that it can’t locate the image file you’ve specified on the drive.

Another approach would be to modify the FindClick script to remove or skip the lines that create the prompt.
which was why I explained in my previous post that some of the hotkeys are not meant for say Desktop E, and I still want the script to continue running but just ignore any image not found errors (i.e. don't show me any popup at all).. S
boiler

11 Apr 2021, 04:49

Why do you keep saying you don’t want to see a pop up for image-not-found errors? We keep pointing out there will be no popup for the image not being found. If you’re getting popups, it would be because of an error like the file itself is not found on the drive, having nothing to do with searching the screen for the image. Do you see the difference?

Can you confirm that you are not getting popups generated by AHK or FindClick in cases where it simply can’t find the image. You might think it’s not an important distinction, but it is if you want to be able to suppress the popups or simply to understand what is happening.

Also, my suggestions were to do just that — prevent you from seeing any popups at all. So I don’t understand the purpose of your last reply.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”