Noob needs help

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
selkov

Noob needs help

14 Apr 2021, 12:39

I just downloaded ahk but have not done anything with it yet. As it is all new to me I was hoping someone might share a script close to what I am looking for so I can learn from it as I go.

I need to open a specific website daily and enter information in 8 fields.
I will need to do this for 20 accounts.
The information will be fixed per account

can anyone point me in the right direction?
boiler

Re: Noob needs help

14 Apr 2021, 13:25

There are other ways, but for a beginner, this example might be a good way to get you started:

Code: Select all

Run, https://google.com
WinWaitActive, Google
Send, autohotkey{Enter}
You can send {Tab} to move between fields, and you can use loop or for and arrays to handle the 20 accounts. There are more reliable ways to interact with websites, but it's best to start slow, in my opinion.
selkov

14 Apr 2021, 13:36

Can i record mouse clicks
boiler

14 Apr 2021, 13:44

You can have it perform mouse clicks, and you can have it do so more intelligently than a simple recording. For example, you could have it click on a certain button no matter where it might be located, depending on the app you’re interfacing with. Or where a certain image appears. But AHK itself doesn’t record clicks. There are some tools written in and for AHK which I believe can record clicks, such as Pulover’s Macro Creator.
jasc2v8

14 Apr 2021, 13:55

@selkov:
Welcome to AutoHotkey!
I highly recommend all new folks go through the "Getting started" section and examples scripts.
I understand this takes time, but will provide immediate learning and improve your experience with AHK.
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/AutoHotkey.htm

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”